The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a problem that start suddenly on my New Holland TR98. Auger unload extended normal, unloaded first dump ,now auger will not retract. It came on suddenly. Acts like something is restricting it from retracting. I disconnected the cylinder, it retracts and extends normally. Just wondering if cylinder is loosing retracting pull. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Greased well, like in grease coming out of it. That's really the only thing that can stop it from moving, even a weak cylinder would pull it back down.

·
Registered
458 Posts
They do seize in the turret greased or not, I try to do mine in and then out, I I have had to tye a towrope to the auger to get it started.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my tr 96s I would grease them while moving in and out or they could get stuck if I can drive it up against a tree or bin real easy and hold switch it will go in years ago the first time my dad did that was against a bin and my uncle and I were waving and yelling at him because he came from the field and we thought he had forgot it out I can still see him laughing at us from the cab hahs

·
Registered
371 Posts
If it has the locking pin make sure it didn't get stuck in there somehow.

spin the auger over gently, make sure the U joint has not broken, come undone or any other goofy things it can do. I have not had it happen on the 96 but has happen on the 95. Pull the cover plate in the hopper and have a look before putting too much pressure on the auger. It is most likely just stuck on the turret but if it isn't things can get expensive quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts