The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been thinking about replacing 2 'bines a 9500 & 7720 with one and I have noticed that NH tr98 seem to be priced a bit lower than other color ie. 9610 or 2188; is there a reason? Is the tr98 not as much capacity as the others? We have recently had a dealer closer to us take on NH combines so that is why I would consider it as a possible machine to trace up to. How would it compare to the others I mentioned? Are the NH headers of good performance compared to red or green? Appreciate all replies;thanks.........Paul

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Re: TR98.?

I would say more capacity than the others. 9520 ran in conditions where the TR is at its worst. Picking up a swath is not its favorite thing, and canola is not the tops for that either. They are great straight cutting machines and will run with combines with way more HP. In fact, the TR98 had something like 270 hp and the latest 2388s were closer to 320hp.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks Andy; I assume that you are running or have in the past run a 98? What is the cab like on them? comfort? noise? Also what is daily maintenance? What about settings between crops? wheat to beans to corn?

·
Registered
664 Posts

the cab sucks on the 98, plain and simple........ but that should not detour someone from buying it.

·
Registered
83 Posts

To ontgreen, The TR 98 cab is just fine, thank you very much fordboy. Late models TR 96 & early models TR 97's had the 7.8 ford , then to Genesis 7.5.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts

The TR cab was on par with a 1688. They got left behind when the good case cabs came in but they are still pretty decent. They do everything you need a cab to do, just not in style

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

We are using a 9500 now and I wouldn't want to have to go to a poorer cab. The 9500 is quiet with v.g. visibility;just the seat on it sucks bad and the htr defrost could be better

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks lentil grower; the tr98 that was at the dealer has now been sold. They had it advertised in the recent paper, they were waiting for the buyer to get financing which came thru on Fri. There probably will be others come along,we have about 10 months to look for something else. We need about 30-50% more capacity would the '98 be that much?

·
Registered
628 Posts

It might be 50% better when everything is dry but when it gets tough you will be slowed down. I have heard of a after market beater you can get that would help with flow to the chopper when it gets tough. We have been real happy with ours for five seasons now and the first three we took off over 4000ac with it.

·
Registered
628 Posts

The 98 would have alot of more capacity than your 9500. We ran our Tr86 and our TR87 in the same field as a 9500 and we were going 1mph faster and loosing less out the back in wheat. When we switched from a TR87 to our TR98 I there was quite a bit more capacity. I think the cab would be as good if not better than your 9500. You should go take a look at the Tr98 and even demo one if you can thats the best way to know. I think you are getting alot of capasity for not alot of money. We have been very happy with ours and has proven to be quite reliable though the years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts