The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harvest is waaay behind so we are looking to pick up a second machine to finish off with. I have had nothing to do with the New Hollands, but have a lead on a 1700 hr TR99, not sure yet on the year. What are the major issues to look for on these machines? What kind of capacity can we expect? We have 30 ft canola swaths to pick, and would run the 30 ft swather ahead of this machine in oats. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
If you're buying a combine to pick up swaths, a TR isn't a great choice. The smaller rotors slow down in slugs quicker than a large rotor machine. They are high capacity straight cutters though. That being said, the wear points of a TR are everywhere!!!. There is a humped pan just before the rotors that you should be able to see or feel through the top of the feedhouse or the stone door. The rotor covers can wear through as well, but are harder to find. Capacity wise, I have a TR98 that walked away on a 9660 STS when straight cutting Durum wheat.

·
Registered
619 Posts
back when we had only 6,000 acres we harvested everything with 1 TR98. It was a very good capacity machine....it was a simple design and we almost NEVER broke down. we traded it with about 2600 hours on it so who knows how long it would last. We felt like they were highly durable, very easy to set and did a very good job with low loss. The key for you will be if your dealer is good at getting you oriented with your new machine. I wouldn't be scared of it...in fact we thought about getting a 3rd combine (TR99) just for sunflowers. We loved them....my theory, if the metal is good quality, and its wearing out you must be running a lot of material through.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a TR 99 and find it is great for corn and soybeans. I can't speak for other crops. I have used TR combines for 34 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts