The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
The 99 had the elctric and manuel beater.. good combine.. the hardest part for me was learning the mechanics of the latching door..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, I'm used to a tx 36 that has a rock trap. Can't beat it for that but it still chews up the straw to much for my baler.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I would think that a TR would chew the straw up more than your TX 36, but I could be wrong as I have no experience with the tx models. A straight walker machine would be best for baling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are pretty close because the tx uses 2 more beaters behind the cylinder so I figured midas well get more thrashing capacity and maybe drop straw in the evening.

·
Registered
23 Posts
TR 99 rock trap was pretty reliable if the rock trap pre load was set up correctly and the front drum micro phone was working. Lots of information in the Service manual about setting it up with the correct pre load and testing the microphone. If i remember correctly there is an ejection stone roller above stone trap which should be lowered in rocky fields to the point where it starts to limit capacity. In crops with little rock risk you can raise the stone roller up out of the way. example streight cutting peas at ground level set stone roller low. streight cutting tall wheat leaving lots of stubble safe to bring roller up. I had a 1999 model good combine except way over powered. Upper rotor drive shieve (torque sensing drive) can expand too much from a breaking snap ring.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If the door isn't set high enough the grain hits the lip and rolls in a ball creating pressure on the door to open it. The solenoid triggers it from the sound board so disconnecting it does not change anything. The feeder chain has to be tight enoung so it doesn't hit the door'. The manual is pretty good as to setting up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K thanks set everything back to specs. Feederchain a little loose, frt feeder drum wasn't set equal and 2 bent bars on low side, door up 1/8'' now. So when it dries up again knock on wood!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts