The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read posts on more problems with newer machines and wonder if 99 s are still easiest and simpler to run and work on than newer heavier machines. We still run them and don't have experience wiith newer but have confidence in our ability to go through them in winter and get job done in field. Just wondering from some of you who have run both.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Switched from tr 99 and tr96 six years ago. We have never looked back. Got tired of the constant fixing on the 99. Mind you we now run one machine and keep it fairly current never more than 1000 hours. due to manpower and other considerations making the switch was the best thing we did

·
Registered
303 Posts
Switched from tr 99 and tr96 six years ago. We have never looked back. Got tired of the constant fixing on the 99. Mind you we now run one machine and keep it fairly current never more than 1000 hours. due to manpower and other considerations making the switch was the best thing we did
Out of curiosity, what single machine did you upgrade to?
(We currently run a 99 and 97......might have to upgrade to one newer/larger machine some day.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I read posts on more problems with newer machines and wonder if 99 s are still easiest and simpler to run and work on than newer heavier machines. We still run them and don't have experience wiith newer but have confidence in our ability to go through them in winter and get job done in field. Just wondering from some of you who have run both.
Hey sludgeman, been running tr's since they came out with the tr 70's, currently running two 98's with Maurer extensions and 36' honeybees, love em! One has 3000hrs, the other 4000hrs, been fixing them myself, cheap to run and paid for:) My brother has a tr 96 and upgraded to a cr 9070 for his second combine, the cr has been a nightmare for him, though machine had a couple thousand hrs when he purchased it. Broken seives, shoe, electrical problems and the list goes on and on, I'm sure there is many good ones, but point is the running costs on these newer combines are much higher and especially electrical problems are difficult to trouble shoot on your own, even if you are mechanically inclined.
Don't get in a hurry to update just yet!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Out of curiosity, what single machine did you upgrade to?
(We currently run a 99 and 97......might have to upgrade to one newer/larger machine some day.)
The cr's we have run are as follows cr970, cr9070, cr 9080, and took delivery of cr 9090 elevation a month ago

The plan is to harvest our 4200 aces with the one combine however we won't rule out hiring some extra help if we get into a wet situation like last year

Everyone's operation is different this is what seems to work the best for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.