The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone comment on the expected life from combine tracks? I have a 9250 on tracks and a track failed before 1600hrs and the other is suspect. The stubble was gouging them, thru the first layer of wire and lugs were wearing unevenly but it failed on the inside with the wire rope breaking out and tearing up the idlers. The ground conditions are very hard which I suspect is accelerating wear. I run Quadtracs and haven't had the same issues. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
45 Posts
What crops are you doing? I wouldn't have thought most crops would do that much track damage. Maybe put stalk stompers on the back of all your headers? Surely they would help in other crops than corn?

· Registered
998 Posts
I don’t thinks it road speed. I think it’s a bad Bach of track and boogies. When my 620 was new I was pealing off the rubber like crazy. Now haven’t had a problem it 4 years. Tracks are good as new. But I don’t road speed that fast. 18 mph. That’s it. Or if field, just two miles down the road I’ll giver.
My furthest field is 20 miles.

· Registered
1,436 Posts
If not damaged by crop stalks and slip only when turning long life should be assured.
E
I don’t thinks it road speed. I think it’s a bad Bach of track and boogies. When my 620 was new I was pealing off the rubber like crazy. Now haven’t had a problem it 4 years. Tracks are good as new. But I don’t road speed that fast. 18 mph. That’s it. Or if field, just two miles down the road I’ll giver.
I’ve seen enough tracks to know road speed will do that and too much weight on one point on road surface will. Lots of Red, Green and Lime dealers can show you who likes to drive 23 mph for way to long on gravel and worse yet pavement the heat builds to much

· Registered
998 Posts
E

I’ve seen enough tracks to know road speed will do that and too much weight on one point on road surface will. Lots of Red, Green and Lime dealers can show you who likes to drive 23 mph for way to long on gravel and worse yet pavement the heat builds to much
Oh for sure road speed. Hence I drive 18 mph. But look at that one boogie and the other one. One is Finish the other is ok.
also more than likely roading with the head on. If not. Riding the side of the road putting more presser on the one track and boogie.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't do a heap of roading, an annual 20 mile trip to a separate property but limited to 20mph as the speed of the other gear in the convoy. The rest is short hops ~ 4 miles max.

Mostly harvesting around 8mph max. Soils are very dry and hard compared to what you guys would see I think.

· Registered
1,436 Posts
I don't do a heap of roading, an annual 20 mile trip to a separate property but limited to 20mph as the speed of the other gear in the convoy. The rest is short hops ~ 4 miles max.

Mostly harvesting around 8mph max. Soils are very dry and hard compared to what you guys would see I think.
20miles at 20 is way too long if there’s a head on is my thoughts and how flat is road?

· Registered
5,131 Posts
I think the hard dry surface is the cause of the accelerated light wear. We generally have a pretty soft top layer the track can work in as the lugs come around.
I’ve seen similar separation on the inside on challenger tracks but it was over 5000hrs and put close to another 1000hr on it like that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts