The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey wondering if anyone has used a 2 track tractor on breaking ground. Do roots get caught in the tracks ever? I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has experience on that..
Did about 15 ac with a 9630T and a 10’ breaking disc. Never got any sticks in the track assembly that I notice. I guess if you turned sharp enough you could. I worried less about getting a stick in the tracks than punching a hole in a tire.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I’ve pulled a wishek with my MT855B over a fair bit of fresh cleared ground. When turning, a root can get into the tracks, but I’ve never had any damage from it.

I’ve had way more issues with roots getting caught between duals on a tired machine than I’ve ever had with a track unit.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
We do quite a bit of uparmoring on them down in the heavy brush of south Texas but it works fine both with 2 tracks and wheeled units. The wheeled units has logging tires that are foamed filled but that's the only thing that unit does. This is a pretty extreme example but when you say breaking ground this is what comes to mind here. Both units are pulling either Rome disks or a Lawson tandem brush roller. This is what we are doing with these units.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts