The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone seeing any failures of the pivot pin on bins with tracks? id like to look into the track idea more but the length of the track versus the diameter of the pivot pin makes me wonder if the pins may tend to fail in time? not very many track bins down here to compare, thought others with tracked bins(carts) experience here may enlighten me a bit on them? TIA

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a Brent with tracks and they build their own undercarriage so I have no concerns. I would be worried about adapting tracks onto an existing wheel model. And I'll never buy without tracks again.
This, except we have a J&M with their storm tracker 3 tracks. We are the same way we will never get one w/o tracks again. They just dont leave ruts in the field.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd like to have the choice and support you guys have over there with the track machines, but over here very scarce, resale concerns me if I outlay a lot on a set of tracks when I go to update in the future, but after seeing the lack of field damage a terra Trac made when we had a drive of one in a wet harvest a few yrs ago I'm keen to try a bin on tracks. Do fwa handle steering the bins ok? ,I'd like something around the 30ton (1000 ish bushels)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.