Sorry for the multiple posts im still getting my head around the uploading process for photos, I feel far more comfortable in the shed than I do infront of a computer.
This started out as an old DRMCO grader I bought, motor ran but had no gearbox, then I cut it down and changed it into what you see here, I use eight hydraulic functions by using electric over hydraulic valves to switch the four tractor remotes
Thanks phantom,red dirt is around my workshop, got a few acres just outa narrabri where I live,and then the photo of it at work is between narrabri and wee waa tidying up some taildrains prior to last cotton season, where we pick up some work, is like to sell this one and build again, put it in the land a week or two ago and seemed to get a bit of enquiry on it, in a better year I think it would sell
Aaah. I thought it might be around there. Very unfortunate about R Hubbards Business/s.
The more I look the more I see that it's very tidy. Very well modified. Everything's neat. Nice paint. Bit hard to put a value on it unless you know exactly your costs and a value on your build time. I guess you have a price in mind. You could be onto something there with the cotton boys or the rice boys down this way.
But hard to sell in the land without a photo,( unless you had one?)
I would recommend putting it in the Big Book of Dreams. IE: farms and farm machinery. It would get a much bigger audience that way. Maybe even someone on here might buy it................
Good season down south with 2013 wheat and 2014 rice and cotton, so may be able to move it south of the big Scrub.
Thanks guys, had a go at a few things overtime in the shed, built a field bin when I was much younger wet my appetite for it I think, since then chaser bins, Ute trays,comb trailers, planter frames, sheds, this year's project was a one yr ol9m john Deere 1890 I bought down south and stretched to 12m to allow a transport width under 4.5m so easy to move around,as opposed to the near 6m standard jd 12m frame which requires multiple escorts etc, and then bought a new pull mount simplicity air cart and set it up as a trailing rear cart with a steerable front axle, and made it adjustable so can be easily changed from 2m to 3m
I made the rear end steer was main reason to take them off, got a ballrace turntable mounted above walking beams and can steer the rear end out either side of the tractor about 6-8 ft I guess it is, the old cast hubs had broken studs etc n so I thought is just start fresh with it.had it all sandblasted by a bloke who does the grain carting over harvest with us and painted it up in a nice two pack yellow, plenty people think I was mad to do it but if nothing else it was a good challenge and best of all it works, picked up few hundred hours work last summer on a farm that has a 12h cat and a 14m cat so it can't be to useless, I've got it farmmachinery.com or whatever that site is but it's listed under the vand caterpillar because it wouldnr let me put a unknown brand in, there's a few photos of it there to
I don't know if it's any better but I was using the GPS in the tractor to straighten up taildrains that over the years have got way outa line, I was able to avoid the ends of the irrigation rows with the tractor by offsetting the grader out one side of the tractor and cutting a smooth track for the tractor to do the next pass on
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.