The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In between cleaning up rockpiles, helping the neighbours finish combining, and other field work, I'm looking out for a tractor for next spring.

I have a 2002 Buhler 2360 (N14) that tows a 4000us gal TBT liquid cart, a 70' Salford 525, followed by a Bourgault 5350 air cart. In perfect conditions I can get by, however getting rolling is hard on the clutch. When conditions arent perfect, though, I seem to be doing about 120% of what a 360 hp tractor is capable. That's a guess but it can't be far off.

I'm looking at a 2011 T9.560 with 700 hours. Would 505hp be enough of an upgrade?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I talked to cummins about doing that. That's what I tried to do first. He said the only way is to send a tech to the farm but he said it woild likeky be about a year before he could arrange it.

And that doesn't fix my burning up clutch issue. I have to run the rpms about 1500 to 1600 then slowly let out the clutch to move loaded.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input!

My next question is how will 360HP of N14 work compared to 505HP of 12.9L. I've read from a lot of people on here that that the 12.9L has no where near the lugging ability of an N14. That's one of our major concerns right now.

Anyone have an opinion on that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.