The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 tuning season started earlier then normal. Below is a sampling of our latest activity.

CNH Magnum 235
Stock Power at 1000 rpm = 236 HP PTO
Ekotuned Power at 1000 rpm = 308 HP PTO
The owner of this machine was looking for healthy Magnum 290 specs. Photo below this one shows dyno results.

Magnum 235 results
The desired outcome was 290 specs. Compare our numbers against Nebraska numbers. Owner is pleased.

Nebraska results: Magnum 235 Magnum 290

IVT speed upgrade
This one was an 8310R. Front brakes, front suspension but 40km/h (26mph) OEM upgraded to 50km/h (31mph). Available in certain markets. Call for details

JD 8310R Ekotune
Results for 8310R after Ekotuning. Customer was after 8360R specs. He got it.

JD 4720
Even the small ones benefit from custom made tuning. These are equipped with a 2.4L engine. Measured 58hp stock peak power. Ekotuned to 86 HP

4720 chart ***NOTE*** This customer also requested max RPM increase for higher road speed. Increased road speed allows for faster transport between snow plowing jobs. This is why dyno chart shows higher RPM with Ekotune vs Stock

We are engine managment experts specializing in Ag, Foresty and Construction equipment. We do it right.

Please visit our Facebook page for more recent activity

Questions or Comments ? Call or email [email protected]

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I think it would depend on the dealer once the chip is removed usually all traces can be removed too however if the dealer know about it then it depends on weather he is going to bat for you or not. The dealer we buy fendt tractors from sells steinbouer chips so he would likely stand by them and most guys chipping the tractors are like the first example buying a lower hp model and getting higher hp spec so its till within the hp range of that engine. When you buy a 235 hp tractor a 290 hp is say $40,000 more the main reason is your buying more warrenty because no doubt an engine will have more stress on it from higher hp.

However if my chipped tractor had an engine failure and it was not related to the increase in hp then I would expect full warrenty no questions asked when its can be power related like say a turbo maybe then its a grey area like I said every case can be different. I look at the $40,000 saving as what it would cost to rebuild that engine if it did fail so roll the dice if it last past warrenty your money ahead. These chips are pretty smart and actually can make engines run better than factory so I would be afraid. Especially if your within factory hp of that engine

·
Registered
593 Posts
Do you do tunings for 6.7 cummins in a ram? we are looking at fuel economy and would really like to know if you can do anything for them. of course it would require dpf and egr removal.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does doing any of this void the warranty of a new tractor??
It could. While the risk remains very low (we've never experienced a problem), we are not shy about educating our customers. Any after-market product, especially power enhancing products has the potential to cause difficulties with a possible warranty claim. Of course the OEM ought to be able to prove that the product was the cause of the failure. For example, it would be difficult for them to deny a warranty claim on your radio because you tuned the tractor. On the other hand, they could deny warranty on your ECU, or Turbo, or in a worse case scenerio, the engine if there is a catastrophic failure.

At the end of the day, it boils down to the individual comfort level and the relationship you have with your dealer. We have tuned countless machines at the request of the dealer in order to satisfy a disgruntled customer. Dealers are beginning to understand that our product is no different then the OEM product and therefor the safest choice. We do not add a chip or module. We optimize the engine software to customer specs and for most of our tunes, we stay within OEM specs for any given engine family. That means if you have a machine that's at the top of it's series, we most likely will not recommend a tune or if we do, it will be a mild tune.

If the customer is nervous about warranty, I don't recommend any after market product but as Alfred wrote in his post, $30,000 - $50,000 savings often takes away any nervousness and the decision becomes easier.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you do tunings for 6.7 cummins in a ram? we are looking at fuel economy and would really like to know if you can do anything for them. of course it would require dpf and egr removal.

We have not dipped our toes into the passenger vehicle tuning in North America.
There are several reputable outfits who do nice work for those engines. If you need help, Combinekid on this forum is very knowledgeable about what's available. You can PM him here or send him an email [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts