The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day, I have 2 Case 4WD tractors - 9330 and 9370 QT and am chasing a steering column to suit them. Any tips on where to source one (or two). Parts suppliers tell me the same columns were used in Ford-Versatile and Cat Challenger tractors of the same vintage. The columns were made by GM? or a supplier to them? and some cars were fitted with similar columns. Any leads on new or second hand? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Big tractor Parts in Minnesota should have them in stock.
Big tractor Parts Website

I've rebuilt mine. It isn't the worst job, and can be done without any special tools with a little creativity.
Big springs, lots of tension.

Bearings I got from GM, Looked up parts from a Cadillac or Corvette of similar year with tilt and telescoping column.
Some info online, or on you tube about disassembling them, just search telescoping GM column.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My 1982 GMC & Chevy pickups had the exact same column as my 9230 in it back in the day. Leastwise as close as I can tell.

·
Registered
667 Posts
There are similarities. There are limited GM vehicles in that era that came with tilt and telescope. I've been rebuilding these for a while and I could never find a GM column that matched exactly. A lot are close but the tube is different in most if not all of them.
Parts are getting hard to find but are still available.
What is your column doing? possible that the tube is broken and can be welded or I have seen many times that the lower 4 mounting bolts are loose and all that is needed is disassemble and tighten.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts