The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Oh its hard to tell..im not so convinced on the newer platform...maybe he got tired of a feederhouse that isn't any good or some of the common problems...

i like hearing from guys when they switch brands...

ive had a few guys honestly admitt it cost more to run green than red...but hopefully it works out for them...

·
Registered
728 Posts
I would say that they will be ok to i just like to give the green combine guys a hard time.
We like the deere corn head better than the new case ones but like the case mechine better.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just get informed that one of Kansas cutter crews and a case supporter for 30 years trade for DEERE, this is really sad for me!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
well the 7010 have 1500 hours on them, bet all the rotor cages, transition cones, elevators, and grain pan is warn thru, they have some engine loss power on 2 machines and feeder problems, but what worries me when he asked case for assistance they said they are a foreign company now and cant help him!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Different strokes for different folks, and each man for himself. I owned a green pos once just to try it out and see what was out there, it was a walker machine and was good for about 30bu wheat then after that the 2188s would walk circles around it and in , irrigated grain, corn and dry edible beans there was no comparison at all, the 2188s out performed the green bean in quality and quanity both. I would say that maybe this guy is upside down in the red ones and the only way out for him is to switch brands, but who knows. I wish him well as we all need as much good luck as we can have these days..

·
Registered
131 Posts
The crew is KOOP Harvesting from Hillsboro Kansas. Kim was a pure red customer from case, on his farm/feedlot and his custom harvester, magnums in front of kinze the hole 9 yards. It must have been a nightmare for him to make that radical change

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Well the 7010 wasn't the best combine... And going from a 2388 which was bullet proof to a 7010 which the first years were doing case ihs product development, I think I would be pissed too..
The only way to fix a dealer to be more attentive to your needs is take the money away... Should have straightened out the issues they had.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts