The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what to expect. 9750's were good combines, 1700 hours but we wanted to update and go with some more capacity. We put a little bit of wheat, 2500 acres of soybeans and 2200 acres of corn through these machines. We only use one combine in corn. I would like some info about these 9870's. The good, the bad, what the capacity is and how the compare to any other make or model. We do combine for the neighbor that had a 8010 and now has a 8120 coming.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This will get deleted but to spend that kind of money and dont know what you have is just unreal. The two machines are about the same little more horse power and a little more cleaning area The 8120 would have been a better choice if you wanted true capicity

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have run a couple of 9860's with a neighbors combine, first a 9750 and now a 9760. The later 9760 don't have the hp the earlier ones did, but that won't be a problem with 9870's. Neighbors 9750 could keep up with our 9860 in wheat, but I don't think he did as good a job with his sample. In dry beans, little difference between combines, although extra hp was noticed in green stemmed beans. Corn seemed to be where we noticed the biggest differences. Don't let people tell you that because they have same inside dimensions they are the same. we have had bearings and pulley's replaced, and guess what. They have differences between the 96's, 97's, and 98's. Having said all that, I will seriously consider a fully optioned 9770 for my next combine in 2010.

Are those acres total, or for each combine? In Illinois with about 85% corn, the rest beans, we are timely on 4000 acres a year, but we have good fields and plenty of support stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
I think you will get done swiftly, no doubt about that. The 70 series have some added features that make it alot nicer than the 50 series. I am not going to go into the specifics but we had 9860s and not 9870s and we have never had lower losses that with the 9870. We don't really feel like that it is any bigger than the 9860s because the feederhouse would always give out when you tried to use the extra hp. The 70 series chopper is better as well as high cap lift cylinders are std and xtra high cap are optional which are nice touches. There is some nice upgrades that were on the late 60 series and 70 series such as a larger engine bay, ground level batteries, and upgraded lights. I'm not totally sold on the new command centre screen, too many little glitches which I'm sure they will have figured out in 09. Lucky for you get the new feederhouse which is self tensioning and it supposed to make feeding smoother, I think I could see a 2-5% capacity increase if that feederhouse actually works the way it should. Oh, and if you have never used the HUR you won't know how you lived without it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks, but I already know about all the specs and the little gadgets that they come with and all the options that we ordered them with. What I was asking for is the performance, how it will be beside any other model. Are the going too be more or less capacity than an 8120? How much more capacity than a 9750? And for 5488, I don't know what I am getting. Do you suppose it will be red or blue? And for hp, I would say 115 is a big difference. And for capacity, my 9750 was the same speed, doing the same job, taking 2 less feet in wheat as an 8010 so that isn't much less I would say for as great as everybody thinks them 8010's are

1 - 6 of 6 Posts