The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are pretty much green but after being around the 8010 for a season went IH again, had 2-jd before,went to 9120 this time,,need more balls in the hills,,jd tried to sell us 9870, the price was horrible,,and those leveling sieves I think are a joke,plus lots more drives etc,,seeing a few more IH combines around here every year,,jd needs to get there head out of the clouds ,must be the green paint fumes that make them think theyre the best

·
Registered
40 Posts
Go for the draper We traded our 1020 for a 30 ft flex draper when we traded to a 7010 last year and really like the flex draper because it feeds the wheat in head first like they used to do on a threshing machine. Could not believe how much easier that made it to thresh. also there is no way to keep a 9120 full with a 1020 esp in awned wheat. Our flex draper worked better in soys than our 1020 with an air reel Go for it. I just don't know how wide you should go

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
2388's handle 36ft really good in beans so i know you would be fine with 40 ft especially with all that power you got in that sucker....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Go for a 40ft 2162. With the power of the 9120 you will be able to handle it just fine and give you a solid option for beans or peas

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad to see the fumes dident take over completly and you got your sence back. I would go with a 40ft drapper and wouldent think twice

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have run both a 35' 2020 and 40' a FD 70 on a 8010, and i think that you can only maximize the capasity of the machine with a draper. Casefarmer is right u will that us later...for the draper head...not the payment book

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the input,,went with a 35 ft draper,,tossed around the 40 ft idea,,but we have some nasty hills so went 35ft,,

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
ahh you can always trade for the 40 next time.... if you dont mind changing vanes it sounds like the small tube..

if you want something u don't have to mess with as much go with the afx....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts