The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Looking at trading my '06' cr960 on a new '14' cr8090 or cr8.90 '15' model, that bit is easy, but do i get a FD75 macdon or try a new cnh flex draper? Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
The NH draper is a very nice unit. They have had issues with gearbox failing but got that problem fixed. Make sure that your new NH draper has the updated seals installed in the top shafts of the gearbox before you buy it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
We purchased a 2014 NH 8090 with the DSP feeder house and have had very good luck with it .
We also purchased a new (200 acre dealer demo supposedly) 2013 NH 45' 880cf flex draper, any down time so far has been the header, specifically gear box out put shaft to arm spline issues mostly and a couple reel bearings.
They have now installed updated output shafts , arms and seals on it and we have had good luck so far since that update. (300 acres)

We were cutting soybeans beside a 8120 with MacDon draper the other day and I would say the cut quality is very close until you get into uneven ground and than the NH 880 will follow the contours better .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you harvesting lentils NH Aussie? If so I'd go see someone who has one of these fronts and has reapt lentils. I'd go for the MacDon FD, but $$ come into it.
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Yes i do harvest around 300ha of lentils and 100ha of vetch a year which in our country requires some outstanding operating - (rocks, sand etc) so a flex is what i want to move into.
Went and saw a new 40ft newholland flex draper today at a neighbours place coupled to a new 8090 and it looks very impressive but perhaps a bit more complicated than i would like to see for me. lots of macdons around here, they come in around $20k more.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The reel needs to remain relatively close to the cutterbar through the flex range for short crop to feed (without an air reel). I thought that for sure someone would figure out a way to accomplish this at Honeybee, John Deere, Claas and now CNH.

Not sure if its patented really well or what.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.