The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 25ft 972 MD header on a prairie star tractor. Looking for a cheap way to move just the head around. Store in a smaller shed and leave the bigger shed open for taller equip. Will a standard header trailer work? Any ideas for swather header trailers?

·
Registered
271 Posts
macdon made a lifting unit for those headers so that you could pick them up with a front end loader or fork lift. it connects where the tilt cylinder bracket is and balances the header. I made one in about 20 minutes. now I just use a tractor to put it on the hay wagon to park it for the winter

·
Registered
271 Posts
Now if I don't mess this up here are your pictures and a rough blue print.
having some trouble pictures want to rotate for some reason so may be strange but you should be able to figure it out.

just used some material I had around the farm. I think the main beam was a old plow beam. have a shackle for lifting since the header is very heavy. a 120 hp squats down when you lift it. blue print a little hard to read so here are the numbers. overall length is 39 1/2", beam is 3"x 1 1/2". from end to center of bottom pipe is 2 1/4 ". from end to center of top pipe 10 1/2" and end to center of shackle hole is 37 1/4". if you need more pictures or info let me know.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts