The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody put trelleborgs on a new m155? What size? Wondering if 750/50r30.5 would work? We had 600s on our 9250 and at 10psi was like the swather had 4wd. Bought a new swather and would like to go a little wider for the extra weight.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Not to backtrack too much but how did you fit 600's on your 9250 as didn't it have those 21.5 x 16.1 tires. We have an older 2952 and it has the 540 x 65R 24 and it just isn't good enough in mud at all, sinks down because the tire starts spinning as they don't self clean near well enough. Three years ago we rigged it up with 18.4 x 26 bias rice tires and they certainly don't hold up a swather on top so they made ruts and was not ideal but it would at least keep us moving through any wet spots without any issue at all. The 18.4 tires barely fit diameter wise on the swather as I have to run the table tilted down to get enough clearance behind the header.

What is the full size designation of those 600's you were running ? , as I can then compare them to the diameter of our rice tires.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm...I'm not sure but I had to get rims made at Stevenson Wheel in Saskatoon. But they were 600 for sure. I sold them so I can't check. They were awesome tho. Cost was around $4200 for rims and tires. When it wasn't wet we ran them at 22 psi to save the sidewalls.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Do you recall what brand the tire was, that might help sort it out by looking at the tire size charts as only so many smaller rim tires would be made in a 600, I've never seen a 24" rim in that size but do see 28" on the Michelin site for one model of tire ( VF 600 x 60R28 XEOBIB ) as an example. The 26" rim was available through Macdon so we bought a set for those rice tires and the offset was different on the rim in how it fit the hub so we ended up having a few inches of clearance to the side unlike the factory tire that runs darned close.

I find a lot of these tires or ones we've used on swathers over the years have too many lugs per side and not sloped back far enough in tread bar angle so they just plug up with muck and then they are useless. Like I mentioned before, that rice tire we ran that fall could go through things and fortunately it was drying up so that we weren't making ruts other then low spots because when coming along later with the pickup header and a mushed up mess of dirt because of the swather sinking in, that has bad written all over it. Way better to have a tire that can float over the surface and not make any mess to begin with !.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.