The Combine Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I checked into our area and your guys are right the 750 was only a $1000 bucks more, than the 500 with ez steer, i don't know what the heck i was reading, i thought they were a lot more than that, for the little extra i believe the 750 would be the best option, and there was no option to purchase a 500 on-line i think they are no longer available anyways.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Right on. The 500 was discontinued in the fall of 2010. There are a few used ones floating around but very rare. The 750 with EZ Steer will be your best bang for your buck. Touch screen is fantastic and soooo much easier to enter field names etc. Nice big screen that is easy to follow and easy to understand. It is a fully upgradeable display. You can do as little as strictly guidance with it, or you can add EZ Steer, automatic shut-off (Field IQ), rate control (will replace certain controllers), hydraulic Autopilot steering. Also have the capability to upgrade your correction source to Omnistar and RTK. The 250 can only operate an EZ Steer on WAAS, so you are kind of limited to your options there.
Hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
735 Posts
So is the 750 the best guidance monitor out there? What are the opinions of omni-star vs rtk or is waas good enough to plant? I was told you need a separate subscription for omni star if you have more than 1 monitor and 1 subscription with rtk will unlock all monitors for your operation. We currently spray and anhydrous with waas and a 500 and use a simple light bar with markers to plant. I would like to not use markers because I think it pulls planter to the side.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've read some people can plant all day and night on waas and others wouldn't do it if they were paid. sounded like NO one would try plant with a row crops and would always use markers just in case. i would like to try it on my farm in the next few years, but untill then the old tree at the end of the field will be what i aim for.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My coop manager and agleader dealer says there is no need for anything but waas but all they do is spray and fertilize. I tell them it won't work and besides that I loose waas signal at different times and he says he has never lost signal.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts