The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Trimble will dive off the line. When I take the wheel and steer back to the line, the implement shows it is tracking the line but the tractor looks like it is sliding down the line at an angle. GPS signal is good. It has done it with both waas and omnistar hp. Any ideas?

·
Registered
674 Posts
You t2 box has a loose piece of solder in it. Take it out and shake it, should be able to hear it in there. Send it in for repairs and hopefully they will give you a loaner to use for now. That is what was the issue with mine a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Definitely the T2 box,

Could be what he said above, or the box is mounted different that what is entered in the 500 (u might have enter positioning of t2 "floor", but it's suppose to be which way the cables are pointed)

Or the gyro inside the box is stiffened.

61 Posts
My FMX 1000 with EZ Steer will do the same thing but the tractor arrow doesn't slant. I usually just either shut it down and restart it or sometimes have had to wait 20 min to half an hour for it to get back to the way it should be.

On a related note, do these units lose accuracy with time? Mine is 4 years old now and doesn't seem to drive quite as straight as it used to even with good satellite signal. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I've been planting the past few days and the satellite signal has been pretty poor. Most of the time I have had between 7 and 9 satellites with the occasional 11. My buddy has the same set up and he called me today and he said his was wandering all over the place today too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds like a real possibility. I've been putting up with it waiting for some down time to swap it out. Is the T2 box what they call the "nav controller"? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My FMX 1000 with EZ Steer will do the same thing but the tractor arrow doesn't slant. I usually just either shut it down and restart it or sometimes have had to wait 20 min to half an hour for it to get back to the way it should be.

On a related note, do these units lose accuracy with time? Mine is 4 years old now and doesn't seem to drive quite as straight as it used to even with good satellite signal. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I've been planting the past few days and the satellite signal has been pretty poor. Most of the time I have had between 7 and 9 satellites with the occasional 11. My buddy has the same set up and he called me today and he said his was wandering all over the place today too.
They shouldn't lose accuracy over time, but if you are using a WAAS correction, I think that has gotten really bad over the last few years up here. I've been buying the Omnistar HP.

I haven't been able to fix it by restarting, but I've had it last for 1 or 2 rounds up to 3 hrs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the problem with rebooting with Omnistar is that it takes darn near an hour to get the accuracy back.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Well here I thought that I was the only one having problems with our Trimble 500 . If I had some spare cash I would probably flatten that unit under our tractor duals and install a Deere system but my wife would absolutely flip out on me , so I 'll have to tough it out tough it out for a few more days of seeding .

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I think Trimble will reflash and update those units free of charge, ask your dealer. It seems these things get muttled over time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That sounds like a real possibility. I've been putting up with it waiting for some down time to swap it out. Is the T2 box what they call the "nav controller"? Thanks.
No, the Nav controller is what is used for steering in a hydraulic AP system. The T2 box for the EZ Steer performs the same function. The biggest difference between the two is the Nav takes into account three axis' when computing guidance commands (yaw pitch roll) and the T2 only measures on two (pitch & roll).

·
Registered
449 Posts
Have you downloaded the latest firmware on your 500 display? If you are a few versions behind install updates in order oldest to newest. You can do this yourself on trimbles website, download updates onto your USB stick and put it into your display and it will walk you through it. I was having problems until I checked and I was three versions behind. Updated firmware and all works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The most common problems with EZ-steer comes from bad power source, if you have a Ciggarette plug as a power source there WILL be problem.

If the T2 gets a power spike under startup it may work fine for a hour and then start to get fault codes/go offline and act wierdly.

Check you power source or try with another T2 gyro if thats possible, some times it helps with a "Hard reset" on the EZG500.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just hopped on the forum so this is my first post and not sure where to start. I just took over my grandpa's farm when he passed 2 years ago. And I'm starting to update a lot of crap around here. One of the first things I'm considering is trimble ez steer and a fm750. The kicker is that I have no tractors With cabs I plan to use with the system. Are there any kits or home made things that people use on cab less equipment?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just hopped on the forum so this is my first post and not sure where to start. I just took over my grandpa's farm when he passed 2 years ago. And I'm starting to update a lot of crap around here. One of the first things I'm considering is trimble ez steer and a fm750. The kicker is that I have no tractors With cabs I plan to use with the system. Are there any kits or home made things that people use on cab less equipment?
You can make plenty of things work if you're willing to spend a bit of time on them. Cab-less tractors don't mix well with high-precision electronics, so you will want to be able to protect the gear as much as possible from weather, and take them out at night/when not being used. There are a few generic bracket kits for the EZ-Steer systems that will work on a multitude of vehicles, but you will need a steering column that doesn't turn with the wheel to mount it off. You may also have to make a plate to mount the T2 box on so it sits level and safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No, the Nav controller is what is used for steering in a hydraulic AP system. The T2 box for the EZ Steer performs the same function. The biggest difference between the two is the Nav takes into account three axis' when computing guidance commands (yaw pitch roll) and the T2 only measures on two (pitch & roll).
The T2 measure Yaw and Roll not Pitch and Roll

1 - 18 of 18 Posts