The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My combine will drive straight with ez steer but when I turn around at one end of the field it’s off line by about 2 feet. Turn at other end and it’s good again. It’s like it’s offset going one way. The antenna is in the center of the cab. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I must need an offset.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I'm not sure the cabs are 100% right in the middle of the machine.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yes the middle of the header is not where the cab is on a lot of combines. Easier to type in the offset because your pick up header, if using one, and straight cut header will be different. My gleaner has the straight cut header shifted more to the right to allow a shorter unload auger. Funny thing on the gleaner is that the feeder house doesn't line up directly under the cab either. A few inchs off center

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven’t actually measured. But u guys think the 9600 header is offset? Sure looks center.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think the header is centered, it’s the cab that isn’t(someone has probably measured it, I haven’t) If your antennae is in the center of the cab without any offset programmed in you’ll be overlapping and missing because of the cab offset. It’s deceiving.

If I get around to moving mine from the swather to the combine today I’ll grab the offset settings for the combine, to help get you on the right track.

·
Registered
342 Posts
you are picking up one sat signal going east and when you turn around you might be picking up a different one. go into set up and choose only the one sat 358 or 356 I think. been a while cant remember exactly, I phoned the guy at moody's equipment in Saskatoon and he helped me out.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Nothing is "centered" on the 9000 combines. If you look closely the thresher body & feeder is not centered between the tires. The cab is not centered either. It's close, but not that close. Way better than the 7720 cab, though!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The offset on mine is at 4” right. The antennae is centered over the hub of the windshield wiper. It still requires the occasional nudge but works fairly well. YMMV.

Edit:
Running a 930 rigid header, but use the same settings on my 25 foot flex.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. I’ll try the 4 inch offset. If we ever get to combine again in Manitoba. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts