The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having trouble with their GPS this morning? I'm running a trimble 500/Ez-steer. Worked fine for the first 3 hrs this morning, now it's losing guidance and won't pick it back up. It also seems to lock up, I can scroll through the screens, but no changes are to settings are stored.

I've erased all coverage logging.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mine lost omnistar but worked on waas. Just trying it back on omni. Looks like its picking it up again.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
There is a setting on the 500 for minimum number of sattelites and maximum Hdop etc. You can hit your status button and see if those settings need to be edited so it doesn't kick out. I run those in swathers and as I recall I had number of sattelitesdown to 4, there are some gaps in the sat grid.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine worked fine all day today, as a matter of fact WASS has been great holding the line all year, 8 to 11 satellites most of the time, and little if any nudging. My 500 used to lock up when i was saving my fields to USB, I ended up soft booting it. I lost all my field data, but it solved the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts