The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Australia!!!

I have just bought a JD 6830 which I got Auto trac ready.
We use Trimble here and have an FMX screen, Nav 2 controller and a 252 on the roof.

Problem I have is that it auto steers fine until the tractor oil heats up, and then it refuses to steer.

Anyone had such an issue?

Me thinks it is the JD Autotrac steering valve not liking hot oil???

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Angus

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "refuses to steer"? Steer axle won't turn at all, the system disengages, or the steer axle moves too far too fast?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi again,

Problem solved!!!
Luckily a mate had a new 6830 as well so started swapping bits until we got it going.

It is the PEV valve which is the electric part of the Danfoss steering valve under the cab of the tractor.

Brand new, and works fine when oil is cold but when it heated up, it just refused to try and turn the wheels.

So, new bit on order from JD.

Thanks for your input.

Angus

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brent,

An AT ready JD only needs the model specific Autopilot platfrom kit (basically the cables to hook into the Deere harnesses and the steering sensor if it needs it) and the NAV controller. Pretty simple really.

Cheers

Roger

PS - For the record, I set up Angus's tractor and can tell you that it is not a lot of fun getting Deere to acknowledge that they have a faulty component in a new tractor when there is a Trimble system on it so be careful!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Angus, how does your FMX interface with the AutoTrac system? I'm using an FMX as a yield monitor in a 9760 combine that's AutoTrac ready and was hoping to be able to use it to also control the steering.

Brent

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Roger,
Fancy seeing you on here!!!
Huge, huge thanks to you and Rick for working so hard to solve my issue.
The guys at Deere were certainly not helpful at all and I am lucky I had you guys and Marks tractor to sort things out.
They fitted the new valve yesterday and things are now fine.

Thanks again.

PS Anyone wanting to know things about Trimble then ask Roger cos he is the guru. Over in our part of the world anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts