The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a smaller farm and are looking into getting a gps for the tractor finally. Not looking for something insanely expensive and I stumbled across the trimble ez guide 250 and ez steer. Looks like it all together would cost somewhere around $4000. The accuracy says it is 6-8" using the SBAS. My question is that would it be worth it to upgrade the omnistar xp, I'm just worried that maybe it's not good enough? Most of our fields are very flat so I don't think there would be much of an issue with accuracy on hillsides. Just want it to be accurate enough to plant and drill with, on a average year we only drill 300 acres of wheat and plant 200 of rowcrop. Any opinions or suggestions would be great thanks!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
We have a smaller farm and are looking into getting a gps for the tractor finally. Not looking for something insanely expensive and I stumbled across the trimble ez guide 250 and ez steer. Looks like it all together would cost somewhere around $4000. The accuracy says it is 6-8" using the SBAS. My question is that would it be worth it to upgrade the omnistar xp, I'm just worried that maybe it's not good enough? Most of our fields are very flat so I don't think there would be much of an issue with accuracy on hillsides. Just want it to be accurate enough to plant and drill with, on a average year we only drill 300 acres of wheat and plant 200 of rowcrop. Any opinions or suggestions would be great thanks!!
I'm using 500s with the Ez steer and have no problems with accuracy pass to pass. The only problems I have are shutting down for a few hours and then restarting and the line has shifted drastically, 3-20 feet. Not a big deal just something to be aware of. For an entry level simple setup to drive your tractor you can't go wrong. If you do want to upgrade in the future there are always people looking for used setups.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where are you located - as far as I know the SBAS corrections are only available in the Asia regions. In the USA you can get WAAS etc, but the EZ-Guide 250 is not capable of being upgraded to HP/XP or even RangePoint RTX. You would need the CFX-750 to be able to access those higher accuracy corrections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts