The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
i tried one last year on a 2588 with 36ft draper...its awesome..had it for a hole week and man it did a great job staying on track...now if the other 2588 could just share the same a-b line... thats comeing.... from what i hear

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

What is the margin of error like?

What number do you use when cutting with 36ft header?

Can you put 36ft in the autosteer or does it need to be 35ft or even 34ft?

·
Registered
560 Posts
will depend on your GPS correction and your vehicle setup/calibration

With an HP or RTK correction and a well-calibrated vehicle in good condition, you could probably set your swath width at 35+ feet. With WAAS on an older vehicle that has more wear and tear in the steering system, you may not be able to cut as wide.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I took the coat hook off the RR cab post and mounted the RAM ball up there. Foot switch makes engagement easy.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
just waas....and I had the cut width on 35'2 every so often id leave a pass and come back and get it and it worked every time...

left a pass and let the other combine try and well...it was very tight.

I think its easier on a combine antenna out front and steering wheel in back.
I put mine in the bottom left and just used the keypad.

not sure where a guy would put it....can't be much worse than the d**n pro600 we can't get that in a comfortable place...

we miss the spot the greyscale monitor went

·
Registered
463 Posts
casefarmer, It does take some time to get it up further in the corner, but it is doable. You need to loosen the clamp that is on the bar and move that to be able to get the monitor up and in the corner better. I will search for some pics for ya.
Here is one pic that I found. I believe it is moved so you can still see the engine alarm box.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I might mess with it some more.....im not a fan of that ram mount system...seems to work tho...better than I first thought

I just got a free trial for a week.....it took us 10 min or so... it took us 2 rounds to get things right.

the main thing u need to do is get lined up and take in a full head width at the beginning of the pass... I cut 100 acres and left a strip came back in and cut it going 5 or 5'5 and got it all.

I sure hated loseing it...plus it just makes sense...

u use it for spraying then for harvest that's a great way to get ur moneys worth

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again
That does sound impresive, tried cutting near fullwidth strip by hand first miss a bit one side then the other . How fast were you going? How much did it cost for the full set up?

·
Registered
433 Posts
We use an EZ-steer on the MX 255, sprayer, and 8010. In the 8010 it works well except when you cross a ditch the antenna pitches enough side to side to make the combine do an s curve. The only problem I have with it is forgetting to snap the steering motor to the steering wheel.
I wouldn't want to run the 40' draper in the dark without auto steer.

Ben

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Haven't used trimble but we have outback e-drive in combine.seeder and sprayer and love them. Using 30foot header we kept harvesting lentils till 3 am due to rain coming next day. Saved us a grade for sure and paid for e-drive.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
just want to know if any one has put ezy steer in an older 2388 ours is 99 model with 4200hrs and the steering ain't what it used to be just a little play. just wonder if it is worth doing.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
yeah im sure its worth doing...you can adjust the settings to be a bit more aggressive.... guys put them in old steigers and different older machines that would be alot harder..

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
thanks casefarmer we have auto steer in our 7010 and it is great but it is hydrulic. have never had an ezy steer so just don't know if i should do it. at least with autosteer the blokes you have driving your harvesters can drive in a striaght line and keep the front full.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts