The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
I’m curious how this will be in small grains as the sieve load could be uneven.
Fence Mesh Wire fencing Composite material Animal feed

Twin rotor hybrid shoe load not even all the time either.
I’m working on it.
Most impressive thing about the engine from a sunflower harvesting perspective is the amount of heat shielding they have built into the exhaust system. You can literally hold your bare hand on the exhaust pipe and not get burned. It is warm, but not hot enough to burn you. That should go a long way towards stopping the spontaneous ignition that plagues older machines of any color.

There is a big scoop in front of the radiators that pulls all of the air from the top side of the machine. There are also two wipers that brush the screens in front of the radiators. Those wipers have an exhaust fan attached to them that sucks all of the debris out and ejects it outside the scoop. The mechanic told me that it was similar to the pre-dynamic cooling Lexions, except the fan runs all the time the engine is running instead of just when the separator is engaged. Our 750 has dynamic cooling on it and frankly, this system looks much better to me. I have a hard time keeping the radiators clean on my 750, requiring daily attention with an air wand. I checked the Trion at the end of the day and there was no dust buildup between the fins that I could see.
Heat isolation had to happen after dynamic cooling put the engine in stagnant air, they had created a fire trap heat box.

Surprised at your cooling system description and your dislike of dynamic cooling.
Once fire issue was solved I’ve found dynamic cooling totally maintenance free.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Wasn't this oiler standard since day one of Lexions? I mean like since 1995?
This little brush that spreads some oil on the chain each time you engage the unloading auger?
Not in North America (NA). Ever.
The chains on the new, larger machine are so small (short) that an oiler would be of little value.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
I’m talking uneven sieve load Don like can happen on a JD sts series. They have rotor covers that you clip on to try and level sieve load but that is really a fruitless endeavor as one side needs covered when tough in morning amd at night and the other side during heat of day basically.
I was a bit surprised Deere did nothing about threshing aggressiveness, separation and shoe distribution from the cab on the X9.
Stone age material.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
I can see how not dividing the material flow into the rotors could be a significant improvement in green stem beans.
Our equivalent is uncured straight cut canola stalks, green stem canola I guess, we just don’t think of it that way.
Working on that as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Something definitely wrong with sealing or something in your dymamic cooling system.

The system on a Trion 740 is likely good for that power level but the dynamic cooling would be needed at power levels of the 8900 and beyond.

Nice review.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts