The Combine Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Something definitely wrong with sealing or something in your dymamic cooling system.

The system on a Trion 740 is likely good for that power level but the dynamic cooling would be needed at power levels of the 8900 and beyond.

Nice review.
I wouldn't disagree with you at all on that. One thing that I have noticed with our machine is that dust collects on the ledges like you would expect but shucks, leaves, stalks and straw don't. The Trion, on the other hand, had piles of shucks and dust all over it. The dynamic cooling air flow definitely keeps the sides of the machine cleaner.

Our conditions are so different than what you guys up north are dealing with that the machines we run are really wildly overpowered for us. I rarely run in any crop that has to be dried. Sometimes we will strip proso millet and dry it down, but most of the time it is windrowed. We like to try to start sunflowers when they are wetter than the storage moisture of 10%, but our low humidity typically ends up drying them down well below that mark before we get them out. We have had loads as low as 7.7% this fall. Our summer grains are all bone dry as well. The point is that on our dryland farm I can't conceive of any conditions that we could make even a 750 have to work. I literally have never run our machine consistently over 50% engine load, only time it goes over that is when I slug the cylinder or the impeller. Doesn't matter what I am harvesting. Our yields vary greatly but they usually fall somewhere between 25-45 bu on the small grains and I think long term average on sunflowers would be 1400 lbs, which would put it around 70 bu. Those conditions just aren't going to tax a machine of that capacity.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for the review. Only major negative is the cummins. I don't think there are many shops that still carry the cummins software and certification on the newer engines - so likely would be a hard one to get service on if you needed engine work.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts