The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
calling out to my fellow wrenches I have an `06 8010 that has blown the fan pump on the end of the stack twice in 2 years it`s actually the 3rd counting the original. I feel that because of the stack arangement that the pumps are drifting under load, but nothing concrete to prove it. has anyone retorqued these bolts and has anyone done anything to prevent, I know of nothing at this time at 2200.00 a pop it`s getting to be embarrassing. the gear is always the culprit (cracking) thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
Have you checked the rest of the cleaning fan system itself, mainly the control valve. I would start to look there.
Only stack pump problems were in 04-05 due to mis-aligned pumps during assembly breaking shafts.
Does the operator engage the seperator at an idle and waits 1-2 seconds before throttling up? The cleaning fan is big and takes alot of inertia to get going. If engaging the thresher higher than idle speed there maybe the source of the problem. Inertia comes back to the relief valve which would be over worked, pounded out and not functioning (jamming the spool) then load goes back to the gears in the pump. Is the control valve and fan sensor functioning properly, does the fan rpm vary while in operation?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I have loosened bearings and ran machine and retightened them ,fan moves with ease this machine had the frame update so it has been apart but still ok. might be on to something with surge to relief. when starting the fan, speed maxes at 1200 and then settles back to set speed, but I`ve seen others do that also. I haven`t dissassembled control valve and the sensor has been replaced the fan speed fluctuates very little, have I overlooked a test for the control valve?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Just an outsider looking in, as I have no specific 8010 experience, but could it be a harmonic issue? If its the end pump, and you are wondering about "drifing", I wonder if there might be a harmonic caused somewhere by maybe an improper tolerance drive coupler or something. ? Again, I'm not an 8010 owner, I'm just looking at it from a non 8010 side. I assume there is a spline coupler between each pump section? Have you looked at the next coupler inline between the 1 and 2 pumps? Or even the main drive?

I had a gerotor motor once that had a "bad spot" in the rotor ring. Caused a high speed pulsing that would destroy planetary power hubs. I replaced the motor and have no more issues with the power hubs.
Is it possible that you might have a bad motor that can cause pump issues??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hanks for the comeback I have checked the motor the biggest problem with these fans has been alignment from the factory but we have overcome by checking for free hand rotation and resetting the bearings I have had most problems with `06 and `07,s very little if any with older models will be going back to this machine next week let u know what I find

1 - 5 of 5 Posts