The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only set and picked up a head(1020) off a header trailer maybe 5 times tops. my head is hard to set off and even harder to pick back up from the header trailer. for some reason the saddle does not want to grab it....i know i am in the center. i know the combine was last used with a corn head...i assume i need to adjust something. in the combine owners manual it states that when using a 1020 grain header that the header back sheet should be 10 deg forward and to look in 1020 owners manual. can not find the words header back sheet in 1020 manual.

thanks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The top of the feeder (saddle) has to pickup the header before the bottom of the feeder contacts the header. Conversely the header has to move away from the bottom of the feeder face before the head is released from the feeder saddle.
If the knife/guards of the header don't rest on the header wagon when lowered before the rear of the header then you will have trouble hooking/unhooking from the 1020 header as a result. You can adjust the feeder face plate more forward to help with this.
Also if header wagon is higher (ground elevation) than the combine this will do the same thing, having the wagon lower than the combine somewhat helps but not tilted away from the combine either.
Most header wagons have adjustable height on the front support tubes to aid in setting the proper angle of the header to make hookup/unhooking trouble free.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Redhat is right, trailer is to high. All else fails let the air out of tires on trailer. Is a pain but had a trailer like that. Good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like you need to adjust the pitch of the face plate on the feeder house a little or find a low spot when you hook and unhook the head.

·
Registered
32 Posts
im a deere guy, but i had the same problen hookin up a 930. i drove one side up on blocks and then let air out of the other side. honestly dont know the difference between a case and a deere, cause i've never been around one but try that, it worked on mine.

·
Registered
922 Posts
my 4 wheel wonderlost trailer needed trailer needed new tires so I bought two different sizes makes on and offf way easyer still has the same wonder no worse

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just dig a hole in front of your tires on the left side with a shovel and pull the trailer ahead in them. It'll drop it enough to hook up and way easier than letting air out of the tires and having to air them up again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
all great advice above. We had a header wagon that the righthand saddle came out of adjustment and the guard for the pulley that drives the auger (righthandside of feederhouse) would catch on it took a couple tries to fiquire that one out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts