The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think that is the trouble anyway...seems the fh is plugging too easily...4mph...30ft head and 60-80bu standing beans...seems like it is cutting and feeding good to me....maybe plug the fh 4 times a day...

it kind of growls and makes a rachet noise...kind of hard to describe the noise...maybe a ratcheting or slip clutch kind of noise...sometimes it will keep going after making the noise and sometimes it plugs...gonna check the tightness of the big belt on right side of fh tomm...only 700 sep hrs

anyother suggestions??
thanks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Having the same problems with flax up here . The straw starts to wrap on the beater for the rock trap then won't let anything by and the feeder plugs . There is two different sprockets for the beater which speeds it up one of these might help . Also we have taken off the adjustable tips from the beater to give it more clearance but to no avail but might work for you . We've been pulling alot of straws litterally and mentally .
Marshall

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would check your feeder house slip clutch (right side of machine). I believe you can tighten the springs, or maybe you have smoked the slip clutch abrasive plates (which would need replaced).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had a sheared pin on the feeder house pulley that pulls the rock trap pulley....it had a roll pin in it instead of a cotter pin....it wore the chain out and finally broke...that was all the noise i was hearing...no damage to sprockets....good as new now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts