The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am having trouble with my 2004 8010 in wheat. The moisture is 13-14 and it is throwing a great bit out the back. I tried opening the screens, slowing down the fan, all type of changes. Even put large wire concaves back in. The case dealer said wheat couldn't get out if concaves fast enough. I have the 1 1/8 screens in, should I put the 1 5/8 back in.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Ronnie

·
Registered
206 Posts
is it going out from sieves rotor or cleaning fan?
I guess your sieves are overloaded and you are looking for the options to reduce MOG on sieves. Don't know your conditions (yield, grass etc) bot what I'm doing in this conditions:
1 depending on how hard to thresh I'm shoveling down first 2 or 4 vanes and rest to the speed up position
2 we use 1/18 sieves if it is really high yield some times we open them all the way increase fan speed almost to max and then reducing it by 10 rpm until first chaff appears in the tank. then check for looses. if looses to big play with the sieves and start again with fan. usually it is enough 1-3 grain tanks to adjust it.
hope it helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
Go to www.newhollandrochester.com and take a look at the Air Flow Control link. The self-leveling shoe isn't sealed, which allows air to escape rather than keep material suspended. Sealing the shoe makes the air much more effective and makes setting the shoe to perform consistently much better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello guys,

got combine going and all is well. I am cutting 60-70 bu wheat at a speed 0f 5.5 to 6.5 and have no trouble. It all had to do with some setting and that the case dealer had advised me wrong. I called up another case dealer near by and he got me on the right track. Thank for the replies. Also so much for those who know and to heck with those who think they do and really don't. This shows that not all dealerships know how to set what they sell.

·
Registered
975 Posts
We are setting up our 8010 right now for wheat. We will probably start harvesting it in late June. It is usually averages around 80-100 bupa. This will be our first year with the 8010 in wheat. Ours has 15/8 corn sieves in the top and bottom. The dealer said to change all 4 front concaves to small wires and leave the sieves alone. Also we are leaving the 2 straight bars in to chew up the straw better. They are at the back of the rotor. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I newer try the corn sieves in wheat. It could work in high capacity but for presieve (the very first in the top right under grain pan) I would definitely go with 1/18 small grain. other vice you will end with fan housing fool of grain.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Well our dealer said they have experimented with using 1 1/8 sieves and 1 5/8 sieves, and they never seen a difference. They ran 3 combines side by side for the whole wheat harvest the last 2 years. 2 combines had 1 5/8 sieves and one had 1 1/8 sieves. They said you couldn't tell a difference in the grain sample or on the ground between the 3.

·
Registered
102 Posts
ronnprather-

So what was the wrong settings you had and what settings are you running the machine now so it doesn't throw so much over? We have an 06' 8010 machine and I thought that it threw a fair amount over. Any suggestions on what you found out would be great!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well our dealer said they have experimented with using 1 1/8 sieves and 1 5/8 sieves, and they never seen a difference. They ran 3 combines side by side for the whole wheat harvest the last 2 years. 2 combines had 1 5/8 sieves and one had 1 1/8 sieves. They said you couldn't tell a difference in the grain sample or on the ground between the 3.
Actually you are right. It depends on the conditions a lot. The higher yield the higher possibility to get the grain in the fan. There is no universal settings for all the World. I due not know how much it would be in bu/ac but we facing the troubles if yield higher then 7t/ha. The info about the presieve I got from our NH friends. they newer use 1 5/8 sieves on CX in wheat to avoid grain coming in to the cleaning fan. But this is in EU not sure if it is ok for NA or other regions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello there,

I have increased the grain savings a heck of alot

I am running small wire concaves, large skip, and vanes in mid position
rotor abt 1050 and fan at 880. I put the 1-1/8 screens in and running them as follows pre cleaner 2 upper 17 and lower on 9 it seems to have helped alot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts