The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost power steering, can't engage separator or unload auger.
I can lift and lower head and contour master works. I can move combine forward and backward and move unload auger back and forth. This is a John Deere 9760 sts combine

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I hope that info is helpful, Mlr40. I tried to get your attention in the chat last night, but the kids were just too noisy and you never saw my answers and I missed a couple of your questions, too.
I really think it may have more to do with failure of electronics or computer not sending the correct info to actuate system. You may have a qualified technician take a look at your combine's computer.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yeah it won't be electronic. The steering is strictly hydraulic. Those functions all work off that same pump and get oil from the separator gear case. Stupid question but did you check the oil in the gear case? I had a 9650 last year that had an internal leak between the 2 pumps. The gear case oil transfered over to the hydraulic tank. Check if the tank is overfull.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the infomation. I put a new end pump on the stack and it works just fine. I also have had experience with oil going into being transfered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts