The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a scraper direct from Yorkton in May. It was supposed to be delivered by mid June but never showed up.
Called Leon they said it was delayed a couple weeks. So I wait a couple weeks call them again get a new story... then repeat.
now it’s November I still don’t have my scraper, and they won’t refund my money.

Maybe I just had luck maybe it’s normal
but as of now I think it’s a piss poor company!!
Anybody else have troubles with this place?

·
Registered
113 Posts
You guys should take out a full page add in the western producer about dealing with scraper mfgs.

Recommend lever or quick drain .

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Join the club. I talked to them a couple weeks ago, they again promised our scraper a Couple weeks ago on a Thursday or Friday, guess what? Still hasn't showed up. There is a new guy, Tony I think it is, is the new area rep or something like that, same scum as John is. I'm calling again tomorrow, and will be making a road trip next week, too much on this week. Talked to a guy from Killarney, SWMan gave me his number, he too is having issues, will call him tomorrow and see what he has come up with. It's been 2 years now since I bought and paid for ours. PM if you want to talk.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'd love to just have the $ to buy a brand new scraper and just forget about it...
have sombody take a video of what you guys do,weather its drag em out n tare em up or rearrange the office or just hook on to it n pull it home.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Talked to Tony again today, didn't seem to remember talking to me last time. Said he will call me back tomorrow. On the bright side, the other guy I know that was shorted 2 machines has received one since I talked to him a couple weeks ago, so maybe things are looking up!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called there today
The boss won’t even answer the phone

My advice is don’t buy anything from Leon

·
Registered
757 Posts
I drove by the plant today, I didn't see any scrapers in the yard.
But 9280 and Kevlar are financing a new building addition on the north side.
Cement poured and steel structure is up.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Almost sounds like someone that’s taking the money has a gambling problem or meth problem.

A new building is gonna cost a few scrapers.

·
Registered
757 Posts
It is a smaller building addition.
But still that takes a fair chunk of cash.
Anyways Kevlar and 9280 can check it out when they make a personal visit.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Put a link to this thread on their Facebook page. Looks they hire out the page. That lady got a bit triggered. Wished I could copy and paste our conversation on messenger. She quickly blocked me. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I called there today
The boss won’t even answer the phone

My advice is don’t buy anything from Leon

Are you dealing with John or Tony? I gave up on John. Secretary screens every call and wants to know every detail as to why you are calling. Try Tony instead, 1-306-786-2600 ext. 645.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry fellas. I didn’t see a Leon booth at Agritrade. I was going to interrogate them about availability of new scrapers if they were there.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
:43:Well that sure makes me feel better. Talked to them again last week. The one we "bought" (????? guess you call it that) was a display model that was taken to trade shows and demos so was considered a used model, but now he promised us a brand new one!!!!! Wow that sure is nice of them! I just laughed when he told me that. Going up this week to get this done. They are "really, really busy and behind schedule", so probably didn't have time for the show. Sigh.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Honestly if its possible get your money back and buy a scraper from quick drain or lever it will probably be far better qaulity. Leon ones look light to me.

I guess odds of getting money back is slim if you cant even get them to give up a scraper you paid for .

Hopefully enough people see a thread like this and think twice about dealing with them on anything.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts