The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have 10 threshing hrs on my new S660 combine and the reel won't lift or go fore & aft & my unloading auger won't swing out. Tough to combine when you can't unload hopper. Dealer thinks it is control module for the hydraulic block. Anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you can try to swap the right and left power modules to see If the problem goes to other functions. if it does that power module is bad. I'm surprised the tech didn't try that b/c it is so fast and easy. He probably should file a DTAC case if he hasn't already. a brand new combine not working should be high priority

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The hydraulic pump turned out to be bad. The shaft was just turning on inside the gear. Ordered a new one and put it on. We got 2600 psi pressure back in the line but every time we activate the hydraulic block the pressure goes to zero. The tech is back to thinking it is a command module. On to week 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Richard Jahns owner

My new s660 brokedown the first day we used it and it is three years later and the nightmare never stop! The problems has made us lose hours to days at a time. We have worked with our dealer who has fixed problems like parkbrake sticking,four wheel drive not working,hard steering,full grainbin indukaters not working, hy. problems in the drive system and lets not forget the day all six bolts broke off at once on the rear axle in my barnyard at a crall only braking the side, banding the steering arm dropping back of the combine on the ground, thank god not on the road killing someone! By the way that only touck three days to get the right bolts to fix. The ongoing problems like head speed bottoms out the first time we lower the flexhead, lose of brake, brakeshaft seals leak, power drop on small hills in hy. drive and the many bolts and locking nuts that lossen or bracke. This combine is kept clean in a shed when not in uses and only was 314 seperaiter hours on it, John Deere saids they will fix it. I HEARED THAT FOR THREE YEARS! or 160 thousand and your combine and you can have a 2016 because you did used it for three year even if it took twice as long to harvist and lose sleep over thinking what will happen next.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My new s660 brokedown the first day we used it and it is three years later and the nightmare never stop! The problems has made us lose hours to days at a time. We have worked with our dealer who has fixed problems like parkbrake sticking,four wheel drive not working,hard steering,full grainbin indukaters not working, hy. problems in the drive system and lets not forget the day all six bolts broke off at once on the rear axle in my barnyard at a crall only braking the side, banding the steering arm dropping back of the combine on the ground, thank god not on the road killing someone! By the way that only touck three days to get the right bolts to fix. The ongoing problems like head speed bottoms out the first time we lower the flexhead, lose of brake, brakeshaft seals leak, power drop on small hills in hy. drive and the many bolts and locking nuts that lossen or bracke. This combine is kept clean in a shed when not in uses and only was 314 seperaiter hours on it, John Deere saids they will fix it. I HEARED THAT FOR THREE YEARS! or 160 thousand and your combine and you can have a 2016 because you did used it for three year even if it took twice as long to harvist and lose sleep over thinking what will happen next.
that price seems a little steep even at todays prices. I do remember an old man one time telling me if you get a bad combine, to trade it off no matter what the cost, because you can't afford them! I would look into another brand....NH or Claas....then go talk to your jd dealer and if they blow you off, run an "off brand" for a few years.....you might even like them enough to keep them, and that is what dealers, and manufactures need to realize....even if we like a brand....we do have other options.....good luck.....sometimes the things that appear to be bad, can turn into good in the end!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.