The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it seems that consensus is that Michels are the cadillac of tarps. But to tell you the truth there has to be something better than that stupid spring and cable system they use. It seems that the cable wears through the cap near the spring if not turned regularly, or the cables come off the plastic roller piece if it goes over a pile, or not rolled up straight etc... To tell you the truth I am sick of replacing the cables, plastic roller etc... . But all that being said I have never had trouble with the tarp itself

Just looking at the shurloc tarp and the arm it has in the middle it seems like it would have none of the problems the michels tarp has. It should also be able to keep a better down force on the bar with more vertical force pulling the bar down as you roll it. I am sure there are problems with this system that I am missing.

Thought/opinions

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Back when I was hauling grain we had tarps that actually dropped down the side of the trailer around six inches and rolled up a couple turns to lock. I sure miss those when we have heaped loads or a breeze.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have several surloc's, run a piece of rope from side to side on the truck/pup. I call them hurricane straps, then you can tarp in 40+mph winds with no worries. I havent ran any other brand but the worst thing that happens on a surloc is the bungee cord rips from time to time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.