The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly an Invigor grower here. But with the **** going on with BASF I might be switching some acres over to some other varieties. I know there are LL varieties with other companies but with that said which TruFlex varieties are guys liking? As far as yield, harvest ability/standability maturity, pod shatter ect.

I tried BY 6204. Decent variety grew tall but wasn’t too bad to swath or combine. Would like something with a good pod shatter. Has anyone tried the BY 6217 with there new pod shatter? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Didnt do the brett young stuff..
But currently working on some dekalb 98. No complaints so far. Easy swath.. easy thrash.. going.to be doing some we left standing. Yields great and super clean ( i wont grow invigors from.here on out as chem has gone too expensive and frankly, we all know it doesnt work that great even at 2x1.35L).
Did a field of dekalb 22 dual trait ( truflex/ LL) and it did fantastic. We personally enjoy the dekalb stuff as its not a big fancy plant ( like the pioneer RR varieties) and it never seems to waste time with big leaves and tall tall plants. Just straight to the point with pods.
Have some dekalb 97 straight cut stuff to do next week and it looks very good as well.
All yields between what looks like 53 to 57 on soil that we were hopeful for 45-50.
After doing truflex this yr at 0.8L first pass and 0.5L 2nd pass i wont bother with any other chem varieties. EVERYTHING got cleaned up after a poor crop.last yr that allowed so many weeds to flourish. Even the quackgrass, foxtail barley and Canada thistle got roasted by 1.33 L / ac in crop. I would dare to say that amount of roundup did a better job than Eclipse ( glyphosate/ Lontrel) on them.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
We grew about 4000 ac of by 6211 it’s pod shatter is similar to invigor. It’s solid,had it beside some brevant 3158 and had a bit of hail. By stuff zero damage brevant stuff 20 percent. Yeild was Good grew fairly tall had a nice lean to it be the only rr stuff we grow. Had dekalb 98 tf in a plot and it shelled worse than cargill non pod shatter varieties but yield was low 60s so can’t **** on it to bad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Grew Dekalb 97 last year. TruFlex, 1st gen clubroot, pod shatter, Buteo. Had B3010 with Prosper/Lumiderm a half mile away on another quarter. Came up better than the Brevant but the Prosper/Lumiderm seemed to fight the beetles a bit better. Didn’t have to spray either. TruFlex worked quite good. Long story short 97 looked better early but was on a way poorer quarter and burnt up at flowering where as 3010 didn’t and there was a 13 bushel difference. Didn’t grow either again this year.
Seems like Dekalb never gets a fair shake here. Usually gets droughted, hailed, or full of disease. Never a bumper crop but always a decent performance in light of lots of challenges. Love to see what it does when the weather cooperates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts