The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Great Silver Fleet,

Please be sure to join Kevin Bien as he appears on Rural America Live program tonight, Monday, November 24, 2014 from 7:00pm - 8:00pm CST. Kevin and Mark will be on location from Shramek Farms in Mexico, Missouri. They will cover 2014 harvest developments, updates to the Gleaner S8 Super Series machines and ride along with Dennis Shramek as he harvests soybeans in his S78. Visit rfdtv.com to find the show on your cable or satellite provider.

Enjoy the show,

Go Great Silver!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Kevin done good as always. However I am getting tired of always seeing the BTO's who buy 5 or 6 machines at a time. The majority of Gleaner sales are one machine at a time.

I do wish the next time Kevin does the infomercials that he concentrates on fixing dealer placements and parts availability problems. A better dealer network would do more to sell combines than the multimillion dollar paint dip building in Hesston.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That was oh so good. Many complements to all involved. Dennis deserves oh so much credit for not only has he had the world champion AGCO pulling tractor but he has stuck with Gleaner threw thick and thin. He has had his own tough times and even back in the old combine web site days he has never complained about anything. He has only been interested in how to make an allready great product better. He didn't always run these new machines but he sure made his older machines perform like they should. Dennis is sure a go getter and it was a pleasure to see him on TV. That had to be my favorite show yet. Great job guys

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kevin done good as always. However I am getting tired of always seeing the BTO's who buy 5 or 6 machines at a time. The majority of Gleaner sales are one machine at a time.

I do wish the next time Kevin does the infomercials that he concentrates on fixing dealer placements and parts availability problems. A better dealer network would do more to sell combines than the multimillion dollar paint dip building in Hesston.
+1. But this is not Kevin's problem to fix. Likely have to go further up the AGCO power ladder to fix this and we know what the answer to this will be given past history.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They used to send a DVD copy of the RFD TV Gleaner program to S-series owners. Maybe someone from Agco could send a bundle of DVD copies of their S-series promotions direct to you, or your dealers 'down under' in Australia.
It is good to see Kevin Bien on RFD TV talking so enthusiasticaly about S-series Gleaner combines. It helps to know that my current S-series investment is being improved,holds value, and is here to stay.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
They used to send a DVD copy of the RFD TV Gleaner program to S-series owners. Maybe someone from Agco could send a bundle of DVD copies of their S-series promotions direct to you, or your dealers 'down under' in Australia.
It is good to see Kevin Bien on RFD TV talking so enthusiasticaly about S-series Gleaner combines. It helps to know that my current S-series investment is being improved,holds value, and is here to stay.
GS7 was going to do that last time and I'm still waiting for the present he was sending me

·
Registered
345 Posts
GS7 was going to do that last time and I'm still waiting for the present he was sending me
Sometimes you have to remind them of their promises. I'm still waiting on some things on my new S-78 that some of the bigshots "promised"! But the check has cleared the bank so they ain't too worried anymore. It's a shame how some people can't keep their word anymore.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't even ask for apparel anymore from any line of equipment. All you end up with up here is a plain black jacket with a name of the company on the chest. I'm pretty sure they do this to appease the hutterites and their basic black tastes, but sure would be nice to get a flashy jd green jacket or a gleaner grey jacket but I can only hope.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This seems to be one of the major complaints about AGCO, of course, it is obvious they are listening, which is why they closed two more dealerships in NE. Talked to my cousin today, who has an S77, and he was telling me that his closest dealer is now 98 miles away. Needless to say, this will be his last Gleaner.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This seems to be one of the major complaints about AGCO, of course, it is obvious they are listening, which is why they closed two more dealerships in NE. Talked to my cousin today, who has an S77, and he was telling me that his closest dealer is now 98 miles away. Needless to say, this will be his last Gleaner.
My nearest dealer has great support and parts availability but they're 70 miles away (which personally doesn't really bother me). I have lost count of how many times my custom harvest customers have told me " we'd still run Gleaner if there was a dealer closer" I always remind them that it's not a bad drive but its hard to argue the counter point of having red and green both here in town

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If they would get their POD program in order these long distance service calls would be a thing of the past. But i have yet to hear anything definitive about the pod program. I know it would save me ALOT of downtime/miles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.