The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone running for tuners?
I had a Steinbauer on my 500 quad trac and it stopped working.
So I'm in the market for a new one.
Has anybody delt with Reimer tuning? Are they any good? Is there product any good?
How do the Def delete tuners work??

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
What's everyone running for tuners?
I had a Steinbauer on my 500 quad trac and it stopped working.
So I'm in the market for a new one.
Has anybody delt with Reimer tuning? Are they any good? Is there product any good?
How do the Def delete tuners work??
I got your email while en route home from tuning some customer's John Deere and Case/Steiger units today. I'll figure out some logistics and be in contact. Thanks for inquiring!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I got your email while en route home from tuning some customer's John Deere and Case/Steiger units today. I'll figure out some logistics and be in contact. Thanks for inquiring!
Can your outfit do Def delete on new JCB tractors? Presuming of course if they have branches in West Oz. My brother has one and finds the Def situation a massive Pita.
Nothin more ridiculous than stopping diesel particulates in our wide open zero population country :bang:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can your outfit do Def delete on new JCB tractors? Presuming of course if they have branches in West Oz. My brother has one and finds the Def situation a massive Pita.
Nothin more ridiculous than stopping diesel particulates in our wide open zero population country
Mate try DPS (diesel performance solutions) they're an Aus/Nz based company and did a ecu remap and EGR delete on our 9670sts did an awesome job.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Try this guy

Nothin more ridiculous than stopping diesel particulates in our wide open zero population country :bang:
Adblue delete - Optima Transport Solutions Limited

If anyone can help you this guy probably can!
I know he does heaps of work in oz!
Jack is a top notch bloke with an amazing cv if he can't help ya he will point u in the right direction!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks all for the recommendations, I will pass them on to bro :50:

·
Registered
198 Posts
getting a reimer tune tomorrow on 8310r doing dpf, egr, extra horsepower and ivt speed upgrade. the guy really seems to know what he is talking about when it comes to tuning. i dont know much about diesel spec but thats just me. Eko tune is good but were limited to what they could do with an 8310r.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
getting a reimer tune tomorrow on 8310r doing dpf, egr, extra horsepower and ivt speed upgrade. the guy really seems to know what he is talking about when it comes to tuning. i wouldnt trust diesel spec but thats just me. Eko tune is good but were limited to what they could do with an 8310r.
Self-limited, in all probability, in order to offer better quality control and customer service. What good is a EGR and/or DPF delete that results in trouble codes? Codes that aren't being broadcast? You'll never know there's a problem because all codes are being suppressed, if that's what you want, then have at it. I haven't yet found higher quality software than what EkoTuning is offering, DPS is master of their domain and is the go-to company for our friends down under. But between you and me, I don't and wouldn't trust Diesel Spec either.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Self-limited, in all probability, in order to offer better quality control and customer service. What good is a EGR and/or DPF delete that results in trouble codes? Codes that aren't being broadcast? You'll never know there's a problem because all codes are being suppressed, if that's what you want, then have at it. I haven't yet found higher quality software than what EkoTuning is offering, DPS is master of their domain and is the go-to company for our friends down under. But between you and me, I don't and wouldn't trust Diesel Spec either.
what trouble codes are you talking about if the emission system is gone why would you even have any codes. the codes for other things still come up just not the ones for your emission systems. Eko tuning just cant offer what some other companies can and that just means that you aren't working hard enough to develop deletes. anyone can do horsepower upgrades. the EGR and DPF delete tunes from the competition is also being tested and dyno proven. if not then they wouldn't be able to stay in business.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Aren't working hard enough, that's a laugh. You won't find a harder working more professional company to do business with. They absolutely will not release product to the market that isn't proven to work trouble-free. If you understood how the EGR system worked on your particular tractor, and how the variable geometry turbo did it's job in that system, you'd understand that you cannot simply turn off the emissions controls and pump up the power rating without trouble codes and/or drastically curtailed turbo and engine life, in that particular tractor. You get what you pay for, sir.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Aren't working hard enough, that's a laugh. You won't find a harder working more professional company to do business with. They absolutely will not release product to the market that isn't proven to work trouble-free. If you understood how the EGR system worked on your particular tractor, and how the variable geometry turbo did it's job in that system, you'd understand that you cannot simply turn off the emissions controls and pump up the power rating without trouble codes and/or drastically curtailed turbo and engine life, in that particular tractor. You get what you pay for, sir.
Don't you have to also change the turbo for that tractor to be deleted properly?

·
Registered
370 Posts
getting a reimer tune tomorrow on 8310r doing dpf, egr, extra horsepower and ivt speed upgrade. the guy really seems to know what he is talking about when it comes to tuning. i dont know much about diesel spec but thats just me. Eko tune is good but were limited to what they could do with an 8310r.
Reimer mechanical? I have it on my combine, and there is about 10-15 other machines here with his tune and only one problem, which isnt really his fault. This was to do with a def delete, and yes his tune shut it off, but the owner (not my machine) chose the delete option that still left the system intact and registering, just def usage off. I would not recommend this option, rather do the full thing and get the sensor turned off as well, because this particular 8230 combine would melt the def sensor, and then the whole machine was stopped because that sensor still was required to send a signal, but if you get the sensors turned off then it doesnt matter what happens to the system, the engine is still gonna go. Otherwise though the power and torque are very noticably better over a stienbauer, even on the same "claimed" increase

·
Registered
198 Posts
if you cant do it just say it but don't make up bullshit about vgt and that it doesnt work. egr and dpf caused curtailed turbo and engine life from the factory how else do you explain brand new oil turning black and full of soot the second you turn your tractor on (this is not good) all tunes have many hours of work involved before even being available to machine owners. just because eko tuning doesnt offer what farmers want doesnt mean that other companies have unreliable work. it just means others have more knowledge or spent more hours on deletes and listening to what some farmers want.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Johndeereboy- yes a non VGT turbo is more reliable and less expensive than a VGT turbo. Is Reimer providing you with a VGT delete as well? And yes a lot of rookie tuners just add rail pressure or copious amounts of injector duration to add power. Through proper testing safe, reliable tunes are developed.

Here is a quick and dirty analogy. 20 series Deere file fits in the box of your pickup, 30 series EGR & VGT added box of tandem truck, R series with DPF and DEF super bee. It takes a lot of time to develop, dyno test and field test new software. The factory engineers have done a good job of making the sensors and software very intricate and interrelated. To bring a tune to market quickly some tuning companies will eliminate several sensors thus suppressing several codes that are critical to engine protection.

High intake air temp, air filter restriction, high EGT, etc. The engines in modern Tractors are not cheap. The factory has safety features built into the software to derate the engine to protect it from failure. Ekotuning leaves factory protections in place. Ekotuning may not be the first to the market with software but when a tune is released to the market you can be assured that it will do as advertised and not compromise your engine. Attention to detail and integrity are what you get when dealing with the Team at Ekotuning.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts