The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been trying to find a jd DB 80 planter to run on our farm. But all the DB 80s I look at are configured in a weird way, or it’s in rough shape and I’d have to put more money into it than I want in the first year just to get it to work. Not to mentioned there isn’t very many around especially when I’m only looking at 32 row 30in config. But DB 90s are everywhere and several are configured in a way i could use them with no extra money. Does anyone have any experience with cutting the big ole bar on these things to the size you want? I know of one guy that went from a 90 to an 80 but I have zero details on how he did it and have no way to contact him. I know it can be done but I would like some first hand knowledge or details from guys that actually run DB planters. I’m currently running a 1770nt 16 row 30in. I’d appreciate any knowledge you may have and responses.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just wanted to let you know the planter community on this forum is pretty thin. I've found NAT to be a wealth of planter information. But hopefully someone on here can help.

I have never thought of that before. Why are DB 90's so common when they are an odd fit for a header?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to let you know the planter community on this forum is pretty thin. I've found NAT to be a wealth of planter information. But hopefully someone on here can help.

I have never thought of that before. Why are DB 90's so common when they are an odd fit for a header?
I appreciate the info! They’re are common because most farmers run 12 row heads not 16 like we do. Planter does 1 pass and the combine does 3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts