The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never been around New Holland twin rotors and was wondering if there were any crops that the twin rotors have trouble dividing between the two rotors when the crop reaches the rotors. A neighbor said he had trouble on an old twin rotor thrashing edible beans in a windrow because it had trouble dividing the beans at the rotors because of the vines. Has anybody had this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't think the twin rotors are a problem. However I do know that when picking up 140 bu/a. malt barley that it is imortant to keep the windrow in the center to equally load both sides of the shoe as well as the rotors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There were a few guys that I've talked to that really liked the TR's for doing dry beans in Michigan's thumb area. I guess they never had a problem, but I've never actually run one in dry beans so take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can remember spending many days picking up pinto beans with our TR85 and sunkup pickup head. We were picking up 4 rows at a time though so it wasnt just 1 big row. The only problem we had was with rocks that got brought up by the bean puller.

AHH the good old days

1 - 4 of 4 Posts