The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I believe there is a micro switch to bypass in the RH lower console. Just remove the cover and you should see where the switch is activated by the trans shift lever.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is correct. I did some digging on that issue when we rented one machine several years back that a custom harvester had ran. Either bend the micro switch back a little, or disconnect. Combine flies now, if the gps is right, it'll run about 26 mph. (Radials really help at that speed after you get them rounded back out)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone know if harvesting in second gear with the extra speed switch turned on is bad for the hydro, extra heat caused by using more oil. Also is driving down the road in third gear with the extra speed switch turned on bad as well. 41km/h is nice to move fields but if damaging to the hydro then i will get there eventually at 30km/h.

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if it damaging but all the dealers have recommended not doing it. A buddy of mine recently has gotten a 2388 with it already configured to work like that, and he says that it struggles to get up some hills on the road.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, I don't know if it is damaging to hydrostat or not either, but I will agree that it is hard getting up hills at times. We've always harvested when wet with RWD engaged and on the high side for the hydro. When it's been drier, we might cut on the high side, just so you don't have to have the hydrostat lever all the way forward. (more ergonomic). I've never talked to our mechanics about it to see if they thought it was hard on it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
hydro shop tech says run in hi or low keep hydro coolers clean reservior should be warm to the touch he said NH removed an additive from hytran he sees glazing of plates on hydro pumps he recomends a universal trans fluid hi-quality!I use Chevron, a lot of our harvest days consist of 100+ degrees, you guys north may get by a little cooler & with drier conditions, we'er running tracks now in rice, 2nd hi, a lot easier on the drive train just slow in reverse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts