The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember back some of you were discussing that your two- way was causing gremlins with your machines. im having the same problem now. when i key the mic it makes my greenstar go crazy and shuts the outback auto-steer off. anyone else had these particular problems??? what do i need to cure this? my radio is wired into the power strip under the console. do i need to run it directly to the battery or what??? at the present time im not running a gps on the yield monitor, so i dont think its interference from the antanea. its from the power----i think

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a problem like that with my sprayer this year, once in awhile I would key the mic and the auto-steer would shut off and the booms would drop (from the auto-height). All I did was reroute my 2-way antennae and that seemed to work. Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
The interference is caused by your 2 way radio coax being too close to the ECU. I just had this same issue brought up to me as I was installing a 2 way in a 9220 4 wd, the JD mechanic told me to be sure and keep the coax above the right hand headliner and come down the right rear rops post if I were to mount the radio on the floor. He said that the antenna will cause interference with the ECU and cause a variety of problems, in the case with tractors change eingine rpms, as an example. I would assume that this is the case with the JD combines as well with the arm rest and electrical components all nested in fairly close proximity to one another in that area. I hope you get it nailed down and its a fairly simple fix.

B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts