The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have some good experience with the TX 36's ? We have 2 of them and they are very limited in my area and the local dealer just doesn't have some of the answers for them and we have a few questions we could use some answers for.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ask away
I think I have the NH service bulletins for them I could send them to you. Also they are similar to the 66 and 68s.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
wheat wacker were are you located, I'm in nd work for Houtcooper Imp Cando ND, 701968-3211 ask for chris my service manager, we will help you out any way we can, scott.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the questions I have is about the cold weather starting aid. The motor has the actuator for the ether can but we cannot figure out how to use it. We see no switch or button in the cab to actuate it and the owners manual says nothing about it. So the question is how do we use the cold weather starting aid? One other thing is the electrical system. Are they known to have a poor electrical system or an inefficient one at that? We have had trouble with ours since we bought them. Is the factory alternator to small? When we turn on all the factory lights it pulls the gauge down so far that the reel actually stops turning and the header will not raise up and down since it is drawing to much current.
Another problem that is intermittent is when you are putting the header down you lose steering control. When you get the header to the desired height and release the header height rocker switch the steering returns to normal. According to our dealer the two hydralic systems should not affect one another as they are supposed to be seperate systems, but yet ours does just that.
One last thing parts are getting to be obsolete for the combines are there any good sources for factory or aftermarket parts for them? Or possible good salvage yards for them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ill check the wiring diagram for that machine and see if I can tell where the wire for that either injector goes to. If it is a stock injector
it should be in the wiring diagram unless it is some kind of an automatic one.

Our tx68 has about 15 big lights on it and lots of little running lights and what not. It will cause the voltage to sag a bit if I turn everything on at once. I thought there was a problem so I checked the current flow from the batteries with the engine shut off and everything I could
turn on electrically. These all added up to more than the alternator was
rated for. Now I just leave the road lights off when I am in the field.
Cant remember the numbers now. Don't need that many lights on anyway. You can check the load or get it checked and see if your
alternator is up to it.

Don't think I have a hydraulic diagram for that machine but the first
thing that comes to mind is the hydraulic return to the tank may have
a restriction. If they share the same return circuit that may cause some trouble like you are experiencing. I think they have separate
pumps but the return line may be teed together before it goes through the filters into the tank. Bad filter too could be it.

Used parts may be available from
www.combineworld.com
www.harvestsalvage.ca/
http://www.combineparts.com
www.gcparts.com
www.asapagparts.com

·
Registered
442 Posts
My wiring diagrams are for tx 62 63 64 65 66 67 and 68 only.
I have not looked at them for a while and I thought they had the
36 in them because there was a few line diagrams of the 36 in
the book but they were just there as an example of a generic
combine.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help.

As for the number of lights on it has 9 total big lights and several smaller lamps. With just 6 of them on it pulls the volt meter down very low on both machines causing problems with the header lift and/or reel speed. So we have to run with just 4 of the lights on and we have little trouble at that point it would just be nice to be able to use all the lights.

We will have to check the return on the hydralic problem it is not likely the filter as we replace them every year and the problem started last year if I remember right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After many years of night driving tractors and combines I have concluded that the maximum continuous load rating of an alternator is about 50 per cent of its rated maximum output, ie a 100 amp alternator will burn out eventually if operated continuously at more than 50 amps. Modern alternators may have a higher continuous rating but, even so, the first thing I would do is put on a bigger alternator and make sure it has a twin v belt drive.

·
Registered
625 Posts
We have a 36 also and have had a few electrical probs with the lights. I have a question I would like to ask to.... Do you have a hard time to set the combine to not throw grain out the back??? Seems like i just cant get it to stop throwing!! What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Im pretty sure it is... will have to go in and check on that. Would that cause grain to come out of the chaffer? I always check for loss by leaving the ladder down and the spreaders throw it on the ladder and it accumulates there!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Curtains keep grain from being thrown over walkers.

You may check the deflectors just behind the cleaning fan and make sure they are not bent or out of place. There should be 2 of them one above the other in the fan shrowd just behind the fan.
They cause the air to hit the sieves evenly and if they are messed up it could block air or concentrate it too much in one area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ref electrical problem with the TX36
If you look at the panel near the fuse box you can see a large round relay with 4 or 5 posts, change this and your problems are over, at times this relay can get quite hot, and as you described symtoms with header not going up with lights on etc, my guess is the relay is on its way out, quite expensive here in uk but worth a try.
Have now bought a TX68 but regret selling the TX36 compared to the 68 the electrics are a doddle.
new on site as at 10/09/2008
John

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are correct when that master relay goes to heck you will lose all cab funcions ie header up and down gauges go to zero etc. etc.. Just put one in last year about $70 USD at NAPA. Still didn't fix the light problem but fixed the header up and down and other problems.
As for saving grain we rarely have much of a problem and have found them to be really easy to set. Only time we have problems is with lots of green straw but then again I haven't found a combine that likes much of that stuff.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Well weatwacker....ours seems to throw grain everywhere.... from the seives.... out the chopper..and somehow grain ends up on the sheet metal underneath the cleaning fan... which I still have no clue how it gets there???

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry don't have any experience with canola on the TX 36 just on JD's but we do raise lots of malting barley. We have two machines and they get set slightly different. This is all from memory so I hope I remember correctly. We usually run our cylinder speed at around 750 rpms if I remember right on both machines. The fan speed is usually right about in that same area. The difference between the machines is in the concave and sieve settings. One machine we run tighter at between 2-4 notches open the other is usally 3-5. This all depends on if the barley is 20% or 11%. With the sieves we usually just set them to what the book says but on one machine we usually have to have to close them a little tighter than the other. The sieve settings come from what we see in the hopper we like to see a fair amount of kernals still stuck together that way we feel we aren't being to hard on it. These kernals get knocked out anyway being augered into the bin then taken back out again later anyway. I will look at the book tomorrow and see how close I remembered.
As for the loss monitors we never use them never found them to be accurate for us.
One other thing is make sure the rotary seperator is set to the high speed (760 rpm I think) not the slow speed. This might help with loss on the walkers and if you have it on slow speed it will kill the combines capacity. We never take it off high speed. The book says slow speed for canola but we were told that if we combined canola to leave it on the high speed.
Don't know if this helps but I hope so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wiring diagrams are for tx 62 63 64 65 66 67 and 68 only.
I have not looked at them for a while and I thought they had the
36 in them because there was a few line diagrams of the 36 in
the book but they were just there as an example of a generic
combine.
Hey there.

Iam looking for the Wiring diagram for the TX65, is it possible for you to send me a copy ?

Best Regrads

Glen

1 - 19 of 19 Posts