The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what opinion anyone has of the TX 66. Where would it fit in regards to capacity compared to TR's and are they a lot of trouble with repairs. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It doesnt seem as though to many people ran the tx combines on here. We have a 36 and there are a few things I dont like on it. For one.. it has a terrible electircal system. The slef leveling sieve went crazy a few times and since we dont have any hills to worry about we leveled it and made it solid. Rear tires are strange on this combine as nobody has replacements for them to fit on the rim. hmm Other than that it combines pretty good. I know this isnt the same as a 66 but its similar.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We owned a 1996 TX66 for about 7 years.They have great capacity for there time.We had a few little problems nothing major.Only problem they have alot of moving parts so alot to check in the mornings.My buddy combined with us alot and he had 2000 TR99 and we stay side by side all day both running 36 foot headers. I liked our TX we increased our acres from 2800 to 3600 traded to cr 970.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts