The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering what the capacity difference between a tx 36 and tr 99 would be or even a tx66 vs a 99. We are currently running a tx 36 as our second combine and looking to upgrade. Looking for something with more capacity and more comfort.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
When I bought a TX 66 several years ago all the research I came up with was a TR 99 would be equal if not a little more capacity during the heat of the day. When things get tough the TX has a lot more capacity.

This is second hand info so use accordingly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have a Tx 66, and had a 36. while I enjoyed the tx66, when we would harvest with our neighbours tr 98 he would do roughly 15-20 % more dad figured. Until it came to flax then the tx would really shine . though straight cutting the tr 98 had a 36' honey bee the tx had a 30' rigid . though once we got a honeybee for the tx it turned it into a whole new machine. probably doubled the capacity.

the TX 66 has a more capacity then the 36. and a much nicer cab then both the 36 and the 99. still the quietest cab i have ever been in. but has electronic issues. we got away lucky with ours no real problems until 3500 hrs .

now we have upgraded to a 960. and i think its safe to say we would go with a tr99 if we had to do it over again . you just can't beat the feeding of a rotor combine .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts