The Combine Forum banner

TX64+ Reel Speed Variator Motor Low Voltage

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  markus354 
#1 ·
Hi all i'm new to this forum which I just found through google!

We have a facelift header on a year 2000 NH TX64+ that has a problem with the reel speed motor voltage supply, the motor has bench tested with a 12volt battery perfectly well.

However when the reel speed buttons are depressed on the combine control stick, the supply wires are only outputting 2.5volt jumping to 3.5volt and back down again if continually held.

I have checked the 3 fuses in the processor box that relate to the reel speed and it's motor. I have undone the main harness plug from the motor into the processor box and all is good there, I have tested the voltage at the connector plug where it connects to the header at the end of the harness, and it's still the same.

Now I assume there is a some relays somewhere that control the motor running backwards when the switched is pressed one way and forwards when the switch is pressed the other way, but I cannot find these relays and the manual does not mention them (the combine is fitted with reel synchronisation, could it be because of this the reel syncho kit was fitted by the dealer at pdi and the relays are located elsewhere and not mentioned in the operators book?)

I've run out of ideas and I don't have a wiring diagram for this machine (does anyone out there have one they could post on here or send a pdf to dancoates(at)hotmail.co.uk)

See less See more
#3 ·
The north american Tx6* combines use a different system for the reel speed control so I am just guessing here.

I would think there should be a circuit board that controls that with the
rest of the circuit boards in the electrical cabinet. I would find that board
and see if the relays are on it. They could be soldered on the board
and may be white in color. The covers may pop off them and you can
see if they are corroded up.

Ill be finishing wheat harvest tomorrow and Ill check my books to see if they have any tx 64 wire diagrams in them.

#5 · (Edited)
Fergie download these two pages. They are wiring diagrams.

http://smtp.ciaccess.com/users/jpollard@ciaccess.com/Fergie%2035/reel%20control.pdf

http://smtp.ciaccess.com/users/jpollard@ciaccess.com/Fergie 35/reel control 2.pdf

First thing is check the fuses at the top of the page.

F28 ,30 ,32 ,36

If good next check wire to motor from circuit board.
The motor is M10 in the picture and the wiring for it eventually
ends up back at the circuit board on connector X49 pin number
14 and 13. Unplug the connector X49 and apply 12 volts across pin 13 and 14 in either polarity. If the motor moves then the wiring is good.
If it does not move there is a fault in the wiring since you already checked
the motor out.

If all the above is ok turn on thrasher switch and header switch but you can leave the motor of but key on.
Check the X49 connector while it is pluged in for 12 volts at pin 11 or 12 when someone is pushing the speed up or slowdown reel button in the cab. There should be 12 volts on one of these pins for speed up and 12 volts on the other pin when slow down button is pushed. If not there is
something wrong with the wiring to the switches . If there is 12 volts after
all the above tests then the A16 circuit board has problems.

The wiring diagram shows no relays which means they are on the circuit board.

#6 ·
Right, I've got it working manually perfectly. However, when I turn on reel sync the reel adjusts itself to a random speed ( different each time, which shouldn't happen i believe, it should go to the last saved speed, this alters every time you turn it off and back on again) and then I can't adjust it manually faster to increase the relationship speed, although I can decrease the relationship perfectly fine with the minus button. I have wired a bulb in so I can watch it flash as speeds adjust.

I'm now lost, does this mean the reel sync board is broken ?? reel speed sensor broken? (although the light does flicker on rapidly as the reel is turning, so assume it's working and I don't know how to test it)

#8 ·
I found a corroded pin along the loom, whilst following your diagrams thanks. S it now works perfectly in manual mode, just not in sync mode, I have called the dealer and hopefully they will get out to using the next couple of weeks before we start, thye are currently tryign to pdi machines that were delivered late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.