The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 2 tx66 combines the one provides a very clean sample and is easy to set. The second one I just bought this year and it is very hard to set and in canola impossible to get a clean enough sample. The second one does have a new shoe. I have checked the wind boards on both machines and they are set the same. So im assuming there was something put together incorectly or a rubber seal missing somewhere.
Without taking anything apart i cannot find any differences in the machines. Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Have the same problem with mine. Ones a 97 and the other a 01. Had to remove the air dam off the rear of the chaffer. Opened the chaffer and sieves fairly wide and fan at 710-740. The other I left the air dam in and am running the chaffer and sieve tighter and fan at 510-530. Both fairly clean samples. Can't explain it either. I checked my windboards too. I thought having two machines would make it easy. Get one set and copy and paste to the other one.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think you have a rubber seal missing or out of place.

Btw

What did you do with the feeder housing that would not engage.
and
What did you do with the chopper that was out of balance.
and
What did you do with the header raise and lower electrical problem.

It would be nice if people would say how they got stuff fixed they ask about.
That way everybody can learn something.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you have a rubber seal missing or out of place.

Btw

What did you do with the feeder housing that would not engage.
and
What did you do with the chopper that was out of balance.
and
What did you do with the header raise and lower electrical problem.

It would be nice if people would say how they got stuff fixed they ask about.
That way everybody can learn something.
I was told by my dealer that error 2 is an optical error and to check the optical cables. So i did they were fine. So i ended up removing the computer board that the optical cables connect to; the one closest to the cab; and replaced it with the one from my other combine and it fixed the problem. I then went to the local wrecker and picked up a new computer board problem solved. And the chopper i just kept welding weights on in different locations untill it improved. I got it allot better but it's not perfect and not the most time effective method. I thought i read on here that someone had an easy method of balancing them but i couldnt find i again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have the same problem with mine. Ones a 97 and the other a 01. Had to remove the air dam off the rear of the chaffer. Opened the chaffer and sieves fairly wide and fan at 710-740. The other I left the air dam in and am running the chaffer and sieve tighter and fan at 510-530. Both fairly clean samples. Can't explain it either. I checked my windboards too. I thought having two machines would make it easy. Get one set and copy and paste to the other one.
When you say air dam at the rear you mean the rubber hanging off of the rear of the bottom seives correct?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was told by my dealer that error 2 is an optical error and to check the optical cables. So i did they were fine. So i ended up removing the computer board that the optical cables connect to; the one closest to the cab; and replaced it with the one from my other combine and it fixed the problem. I then went to the local wrecker and picked up a new computer board problem solved. And the chopper i just kept welding weights on in different locations untill it improved. I got it allot better but it's not perfect and not the most time effective method. I thought i read on here that someone had an easy method of balancing them but i couldnt find i again.
O ya and the reason the feeder house would not engauge was a sticky hydraulic valve i just had to actuate another hydraulic function at the same time as turning on the feeder house and it turned on. That was suggested by a local mechanic. It says in the maintenance manual that those valves can be operated by pushing on them at the valve bank. I had no luck with this accept for raising and lowering the header thats the only one that would function.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My TX68s are like that... One has the heavier cylinder and one doesn't. Got airfoil sieves, helps alot... Its funny though about having two of the same combines... One TX68 is very reliable throughout the season and one isn't, and the old TX66 was reliable all its life and still makes us money in parts... Now I got a CX though and can't get rid of the other 68!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.