The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my tx66 got wet today and now an error 2 shows up. It is also indicating the header is lowered all the way down and its right up, and will not let me move the header down, also the cylinder and fan speeds show zero when the machine is running, it also indicates the concave is wide open and is only about 12/32 open, but i can adjust the fan speed and cylinder speed as well as the concave opening. the unloading auger will not come out either. I'm just wondering what wires got wet or where to start looking thanks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The first thing to do is investigate that error code 2.
Your service manual tells you how to check the ribbon cable and the fiber optic cables.
There is very little chance of fixing all the other problems when the code 2 error is
happening and fixing the code 2 error may fix all the other problems.
Check the electrical compartment for water. There should never be any water in there.
If there is you must do what ever it takes to keep water from getting in there.
If there is no small hole drilled in the bottom near the right front corner, drill one and put a loose fitting cotter key in it. This will drain most of the water out if it ever gets
a leak and keep the water level down below the circuit boards. This is no substitute for repairing a leaky door because the humidity level will be to high in there if water is allowed in that compartment.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Error 2 is related to the fibre optic cables and/or the ribbon cable that links across the rear of the circuit boards in the electrical box.

Pretty sure I worked on a TX68 once that had the same problems as you have and found that one of the plugs on the ribbon cable had come out of the circuit board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.