The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a tx68 combine and want to replace the hydro belt but unsure if I need to take the hydro pump off then the bell housing to then take the belt off?or is there a easier or the right way to do it?If someone could give me some advice be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm almost certain that there is no belt to run the hydro-static drive, I'm assuming you want to replace the large belt that runs from between the engine and hydro down to the front. I have not done it yet, but there is supposed to be a way that the hydro pump slides out from the motor with the linkage to allow you to replace the belt.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The hydro pump has a housing with the slots in that the main and straw chopper belts run through. It has a ring of bolts that hold that housing to the engine bell housing. Remove those bolts and then the pump swings out on a hinge arrangement that is on the front side of the pump. Pulls straight out without having to undo any hoses.
There is a splined coupling inside that comes apart to decouple the hydro pump from the engine pulley.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts