The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
The moisture sensor is a waste of time. There is small glitches like any ISO bus, I'm not using an iPad just the tractor virtual terminal. I like that it keeps an extra monitor out of the cab. Sometimes when entering fields/farms it glitches and you have to restart. The auto logging is awesome, but that is also available for other cheaper scales. I don't like how you have to enter a farm & field & job before you can actually see a number on the screen. And everytime you start the tractor you have to wait for the whole system to boot up. Not sure if I would get it again, 50/50 for me so far. I'd like to be able to sit in the semi with an iPad and see the data but I'm not sure if you can use both the ISO bus and iPad at the same time. I'll try it this season sometime.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
What I'd like to see is Trimble adding it to their connected farm. Scale hooked to a box via the FMX then Geolocate every load and unload automatically, could even auto cal the combines yield monitors on the fly. So much we could be doing yet.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Yes, iPad/ISO can be used at the same time.

Our uHarvest system on a Brent 1196 gets delivered tomorrow, so I guess this week we will find out how it works.

Is it true Jason that you really can only have 10 fields per farm? And only 10 farms per Grower? That will mean we have to delete stuff as we go which sucks, and would make the unlimited iPad much nicer, but not wanting to use the iPad to keep things more 'simple' for multiple operators. Glad to hear auto logging is awesome. Are you using autofill feature? Hope that works well. Not sure the joystick is really going to be great...I like the command arm controls just fine. We chose this over the 520 scale hoping a touch screen would be much easier and faster to see and enter info that scrolling and pushing buttons endlessly on a 3-line display.

How did you initially calibrate the scale sensors for weight?
Yah only 10 fields/farms, just keep a USB stick in the cab and plug it in and transfer the data, it only takes 30seconds but it still dumb to have such a limitation. I don't have autofill, that involves a fair bit of hyd plumbing & additional wiring, I had my 2096 for one year without Uharvest & installed it my self this summer. The touch screen is fast, you can switch between unload & load screens fast & you can see a spreadsheet of your entire job. The calibration process is very easy. You unload one load & write down the number and then get the truck to scale at the elevator and you just input the two numbers into Uharvest and it creates a calibration number. As far as the joystick, I really like spout on the auger. I"m loading super bees often & with 4 small hoppers your doing lots of moving and at 1000bus/min they fill fast. I mounted the joystick on the end of the left armrest cause it feels natural. The only thing i don't like is when your unfolding the auger you have to keep your finger on the button vs a conventional grain cart you could just set a hyd timer on the tractor.

I run a Case Pro 700 monitor for my tractor functions & a Deere 2620 display for autotrac on a Case 550 Quadtrac and Uharvest works great on either display.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got a 1596 brent end of july and have went all through wheat and now only two days of soybean harvest left and have yet get to use it because of the uharvest system.

We got it so we could run thru the pro 700. The system won't let us enter any grower or field names. Looses signal after about 10 minutes and everything is gone on virtual terminal. Beginning of august they told us new software was coming out to fix all this and it was suppose to be out middle of august. Well, it was finally released a few days ago, got it all downloaded and it didn't fix any of our problems. Gonna make some calls tomorrow if they don't have a fix for it in a couple days we are gonna make them take the uharvest system all back off and give us our money back.

The new update is suppose to allow you 30 farms/fields instead of 10. Couldn't tell you if that works though as ours won't let us even put one in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We mounted ours to the back right corner post with one of our business band radio mike holders. That way the operator can take it down and hold it however they choose while unloading then put it back up out of the way the rest of the time.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
My uharvest has been working great, I just run it on an iPad and I have 17 fields under one grower I didn't even know that you are limited on field space,
The only thing I don't like is it takes awhile to get going when you start your tractor

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
I am a little nervous about all the software stuff....seems like there is maybe more effort to make it work with the Deere 2630...even has a specific wiring harness for it when all other brands make due with one generic cable
Don't be worried about that cable, it's just offered as an option, any other display you need to run a long cable to the ISO bus connector at the back of the tractor. For a JD monitor you just get to plug in the cab, it's for ease of install.

·
Registered
313 Posts
We just bought a new 1196 cart and have been running the agrimatics libra for this season and it has worked great. It easy to install and can be put on any cart plus a lot cheaper than the uharvest. I really thought hard about he uharvest but after talking to agrimatics president at an ag show he sold me on it. Also didn't really think some of the features on uharvest were something I would need or use really just wanted autolog and no printer in the cab.
I wouldn't pay for cloud storage which unlike the free version with uharvest is 500$ a year from agrimatics. When you finish a field you just email the results to those who care and your done. It records time, weight, truck, destination and gps coordinates for each dump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the whole system other than you have to update all the time and getting it to update is awful. Has anyone else had problems updating your software? I always dread it cause it's such a hassle every year. And I have yet to be able to use the slingshot option.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.